Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official - Officially Dead?

Default Re: Official - Officially Dead?

I'm tempted to start a thread called "Team-teaching in an atmosphere hostile to ALTs" and see what happens.
    ...because Japan.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

I'm surprised they didn't put materials into read only mode
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

"Good materials for teaching at a Hokkaido BOE that leaves you high and dry"

They wont allow the words "hokkaido" and "high" to be used in the same sentence.....
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

There's probably an alarm that goes off at CLAIR headquarters if someone uses "Hokkaido", "lawyer", "insurance" or "sue" in a post.
    ...because Japan.

I just sent this email to Clair_PC

Hi Clair_PC,

I know it probably makes very little difference to any decisions made in regards to the future of these forums, yet despite however little my lone voice may be in the grand scheme of things, I would feel like I had done nothing if this wonderful resource were to be closed down without expressing my feelings on the matter.

When I first heard about the JET programme I was coming to the end of my time in University in the UK and it sounded like something I would have been really interested in exploring and having a go at. I really wanted to know more about the details of JET and about the only place I could find anything of use to inform me of the exchange was here, within the archives of this once bustling and vibrant website, which has so sadly been slowly and increasingly silenced over the last few months.

While I know there were many areas where people responsible for the organization of the JET programme on an official capacity would have disliked about this website (and I really do feel for the people in charge of moderation through all of these years) - on the whole, I believe this has always been a well respected and invaluable resource for people interested in finding out more about life as a JET and have unaccountably contributed to the prosperity and growth of the programme.

As a third year ALT going into my fourth and holding a passionate dream to stay in Japan for the long term future even after my life as a JET participant is over I know that I owe my current situation to the advice I received on this website a handful of years ago. I feel that I have made a positive impact within my community and have formed an ever growing relationship between my co-workers and students bridging the gap between the UK and Japan. I firmly believe, if this resource had never been available to me at the time (as it is currently unavailable to prospective and potentially brilliant candidates) then I would never have made it this far and the people I have been able to connect with would know nothing of my life, character, passion or love for teaching, or all of the times I have been able to share views on international topics or issues of conversation.

Essentially, it is my feeling that by silencing this platform for discussion, the affluence and prosperity of the JET programme and experience as a whole has been somewhat dampened.

Of course the power lays with people above to decide the fate of this platform, but as stated in the beginning, I would be saddened to see it disappear knowing I had done nothing to contribute to its potential revival.

Yours humbly,
    The small voice of an ALT.

Let's just bombard the sh*t out of them with spam until they open it again?!

No. I'm glad that Official is closed and am actually pretty annoyed that you sent such a message. I'm going to send them one thanking them for closing it and pointing out how counterproductive and unflattering it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by kenkennif View Post
    I really wanted to know more about the details of JET and about the only place I could find anything of use to inform me of the exchange was here
    stop trolling
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Hey, I only signed up to ITIL a couple of months ago, I didn't know this was the REAL place to get all the juicy gossip

Meh, pile-ons aren't the same without the siren.
    ...because Japan.

how was the official forum the only place your could find when the internet is full of forums and blogs about JET? The official forums have only been around a few years, weeaboos have been clogging up the internet with shit about being an ALT for decades. You must of done a lot of research......

Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar

You can't pile on kenkennif effectively. Dwarves are sturdy.

Besides, can you imagine anyone important ever reading that e-mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

You must of done a lot of research......
    I think you're gradually getting to know me quite well...

JETs and research don't mix. See my thread about American education and minorities. If there is one thing we are good at, it's building an argument without doing any.

Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar

And abruptly ending discussions without addressing any relevant points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleJustSaySnow View Post
    And abruptly ending discussions without addressing any relevant points.
    Yes, there is that too. I think it's an inflection point that the official site is closed. It's clear now that they really don't want us talking to each other. It's also clear that they can't stop us from doing so.

Recently [a person] from a prefecture I won't name canceled a party because out of prefecture jets were coming. We are all controlled by these [people] that have ridiculous titles without doing anything. I'm the head of education and something for AJET. What does AJET actually do? What is their budget? Is this to pad the resumes of its members? Wtf?
    Last edited by word; June 20th, 2014 at 20:48. Reason: Stop.

National AJET is a group of worthless thugs who take money from naive young JETs and funnel it into pet projects. The sooner they're exposed as the criminals they are, the better.

Prefectural AJETs are a mixed bag. Sometimes they're all right as a social group.
    Last edited by word; June 20th, 2014 at 20:50.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.