Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Items from Pred

Default Re: Items from Pred

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    I'm still betting that your pred didn't actually buy the stovetop, the fridge, or the washer/dryer.
    I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    i can see an ALT buying a mini fridge. a BOE would have bought a normal one.
    Mini according to American standards, but normal for Japan I suppose. How big of a fridge do/did you have??

when you said mini I thought you meant
    l_12265384_002.jpg

a standard small japanese fridge is more like
    31vwvn-AlpL.jpg

most normal people have
    20100617152151_935_.jpg
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

when you said mini I thought you meant

a standard small japanese fridge is more like

most normal people have
    Standard small Japanese size.

I don't know why some people want to convince bisexual-coon that he is being bilked. The prices match up well with what he would have to pay to get them on his own. And while there's a chance he could end up unhappy with his purchase, it's not likely. And even if he does it's not such a large sum of money that he can't recover. Just pay for the shit and save yourself both a heap of trouble.

All of the money-grabbers wheel out the the same sob story about "recouping losses" and offer to "throw in" worthless crap like old futons. You owe this guy nothing and I've no idea why you feel responsible for his finances. Nothing he's selling has any resale value except the washer / dryer and given the recycle shop will offer him a thousand yen for it, you'd be mad to part with 3.5man without bargaining at least.

It's not about taking advantage and it would be naive to think that this guy is somehow doing you a favour. He wants money for going home and thinks he can get some out of you. It's as simple as that.

thats not the point. why say no to all that stuff then go to a recycle shop and buy the exact same stuff for 3.5man just because you dont want to line the pockets of your pred? you'd rather give you money to hard-off than a brother in arms? what sort of race traitor are you?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

thats not the point. why say no to all that stuff then go to a recycle shop and buy the exact same stuff for 3.5man just because you dont want to line the pockets of your pred? you'd rather give you money to hard-off than a brother in arms? what sort of race traitor are you?
    I'd rather give my money to the Japan communist party than another ALT.

He'll likely still get all that stuff for free and won't have to suffer the indignity of knowing he lined the pockets of some greasy-haired anime-lover.

I agree that pragmatically it may make sense, I just wouldn't allow someone to try and rustle cash out of me like that. If the OP had the stones to grind this weasel down to 1man I'd have considered it a job well done.
    Last edited by mrcharisma; July 1st, 2014 at 13:32.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcharisma View Post
    He'll likely still get all that stuff for free and won't have to suffer the indignity of knowing he lined the pockets of some greasy-haired anime-lover.

I agree that pragmatically it may make sense, I just wouldn't allow someone to try and rustle cash out of me like that. If the OP had the stones to grind this weasel down to 1man I'd have considered it a job well done.

Who hurt you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

I just wouldn't allow someone to try and rustle cash out of me like that.
    Given how determined you are that the predecessor is a money-grubbing, good-for-nothing scum-bag trying to fleece their successor for every yen they can, I can't help but wonder if you did allow someone - your own pred, say? - to rip you off...
    ...because Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    Given how determined you are that the predecessor is a money-grubbing, good-for-nothing scum-bag trying to fleece their successor for every yen they can, I can't help but wonder if you did allow someone - your own pred, say? - to rip you off...
    I didn't give him a penny, but had to deal with all the junk he left. Most JETs I know who did pay felt they paid too much in hindsight and I just find the whole practice repulsive.
    Last edited by mrcharisma; July 1st, 2014 at 14:10.

you could post the photos he sent here then people could give you a better estimate as to their value....

Yeh, I don't oppose the sale from a practical point of view. I find it unlikely that Bi's pred actually bought all that sh*t, but if he did, then hell, it might not be a bad deal. (Also, what the actual f*ck; I'm honestly curious what sort of BoE drops a new ALT into a completely barren apartment. No cooktop? No microwave? No fridge? No nothing? It's not impossible, just rather unlikely, imo). On the other hand, if Bi buys a "new" fridge from a recycle shop, at least it'll probably be clean and not full of long-expired bottles of salad dressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

i dunno, some of the fridges in hard-off smell like something died in them.

(Also, what the actual f*ck; I'm honestly curious what sort of BoE drops a new ALT into a completely barren apartment. No cooktop? No microwave? No fridge? No nothing? It's not impossible, just rather unlikely, imo).
    Saitama BoE for one. With how little schools are willing to pay for maintenance and furnishings in the schools, I find it highly likely it's not that rare.

Yeah, but that's Saitama. I'm wouldn't be surprised if they just put their ALTs in cardboard-and-tarp shelters under an overpass.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Yeah, but that's Saitama. I'm wouldn't be surprised if they just put their ALTs in cardboard-and-tarp shelters under an overpass.

Thank you for reminding me.

I didn't give him a penny, but had to deal with all the junk he left. Most JETs I know who did pay felt they paid too much in hindsight and I just find the whole practice repulsive.
    Good point. My pred tried to sell me a 9 mo. old AC unit for nearly 80% of the original price, with the bonus of "throwing everything else (fridge, furnishings, etc.) in."

When I arrived, the place was a total shit-hole. Most preds panic pre-departure and fail to clean. The cupboards and fridge were full of her food, some rags were drying on a rack, a broken desk was sitting waiting to be carried to the trash dump, dust everywhere, and the drawers full of nearly empty cosmetics that she "thought [I] might want to use"... the couch was made of flaking vinyl, etc. etc.

Luckily, she was still in town, and I was able to (awkwardly) confront her about the mess. "Oh, I'm sorry!" she said, "I totally forgot to tell you about the desk. Just call the so-dai gomi center and set it out on Wednesday and they'll pick it up." "What about the (f*cking) lufa you left hanging in the shower?" "Oh, I thought you might ... um ... need it?"

When it was clear she wouldn't volunteer to come by and finish cleaning the apartment, I volunteered to do it in exchange for a "free" air-conditioner.

Charisma's right to be circumspect. This pred had never lived on her own before, as most JETs haven't, and developed some filthy, hoarding habits. Bi-Kun would be wise to see overall photos of their apartment in general, and photos of the inside of the fridge and microwave. Nothing worse than paying to clean up someone's mess for them in their absence.

Quote Originally Posted by windar View Post
    Good point. My pred tried to sell me a 9 mo. old AC unit for nearly 80% of the original price, with the bonus of "throwing everything else (fridge, furnishings, etc.) in."

When I arrived, the place was a total shit-hole. Most preds panic pre-departure and fail to clean. The cupboards and fridge were full of her food, some rags were drying on a rack, a broken desk was sitting waiting to be carried to the trash dump, dust everywhere, and the drawers full of nearly empty cosmetics that she "thought [I] might want to use"... the couch was made of flaking vinyl, etc. etc.

Luckily, she was still in town, and I was able to (awkwardly) confront her about the mess. "Oh, I'm sorry!" she said, "I totally forgot to tell you about the desk. Just call the so-dai gomi center and set it out on Wednesday and they'll pick it up." "What about the (f*cking) lufa you left hanging in the shower?" "Oh, I thought you might ... um ... need it?"

When it was clear she wouldn't volunteer to come by and finish cleaning the apartment, I volunteered to do it in exchange for a "free" air-conditioner.

Charisma's right to be circumspect. This pred had never lived on her own before, as most JETs haven't, and developed some filthy, hoarding habits. Bi-Kun would be wise to see overall photos of their apartment in general, and photos of the inside of the fridge and microwave. Nothing worse than paying to clean up someone's mess for them in their absence.
    My pred provided pictures of the apartment in his initial e-mail. He doesn't really seem to have many things and it was very clean in the pictures. Most of the possible clutter he could leave behind would be a bunch of liquor. I wouldn't mind that so much I suppose!

check the exif data for dates. those could be the pics his pred sent him.....