Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Items from Pred

Default Re: Items from Pred

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    check the exif data for dates. those could be the pics his pred sent him.....
    Just for you Ini, I checked. Taken the day I received them.

That data could be faked. Check the pictures for any signs of 'shopping or, better yet, send them off for professional forensic analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

exactly, any goon can change that!

edit_en.png

look at the light patterns coming through the window, do they match the weather conditions for the day the picture was "supposedly" taken?
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Y'all some bitter, paranoid motherfckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libellule View Post
    I really hope Japan doesn't turn me into this.

It`s best to be suspicious. I would ask your BOE what they will provide first. Many BOEs will provide a futon, washing machine, fridge and burner...I know for a fact that some BOEs have big rooms of old appliances that schools no longer use. 

I would definitely pass on the bed..Do you really want to sleep on someone`s old mattress? You can buy a futon set at Nitori for cheap and it`s actually nice to have the extra space as some apartments can be really small. Japanese microwaves are crummy. If you plan on doing any baking, get an oven-microwave. Some people don`t take care of their appliances and moldy futons and mattresses are disgusting.

Just to give you an idea of what the above items would cost if you bout them new:
    -A new OVEN microwave on amazon japan or from Nitori runs around 1man. You can often find them at second hand shops for half the price. A new simple microwave costs around 5,000 yen.
    -a futon set from Nitori costs from 6,000 to 9,000 yen

Some other points:
    -Basic washing machines are inexpensive. Laundromats and hand washing are underrated--you can wash a load or two of clothing once a week for around 400 yen and bring them home to dry on a line. Hand washing is really easy. I have seen some mold filled washing machines...so get pictures.

-gas burners go for cheap at recycle shops. Amazon sells a single burner unit for 3,400 yen.

-used fridges are fairly inexpensive. Just how small is this mini-fridge. Does it have a freezer?

Biggest point is get current pictures and the name of the model, compare the price to what the model costs new and don`t pay more than half of that price. Most preds are not out to get you but it`s best to play it safe.
    Last edited by Ziggy; July 4th, 2014 at 11:48.

sleep on the floor? are you a dog?

you can get a microwave for 5000 and an oven microwave for a man if you want a piece of junk. My oven set me back 5man and it was a middle of the road one.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Are you suggesting that this poor soul risk bed bugs? Shame on you.

I`m assuming that Bi-Kun is on a budget and not planning to become a unicorn right of the bat. What are you a moron, it`s a given that if you are willing to spend more, you can buy a superior product. Not everyone needs a lard-butt sized oven capable of handling 10,000 calories worth of cheese and butter filled casserole. 5man! What do you have? A top of the line Toshiba steam injection oven? You must roast a huge piece of meat every holiday. My oven microwave set me back 2man, bakes bread and desserts to perfection and is just big enough for a large chicken at Christmas.

Banned

My BOE isn't replying to my emails.

I dont cook, I just bought it because kitchens should have ovens

Banned

comma splice

You in Japan now, boy. The only thing a kitchen needs is a burner with a fish grill and rice cooker.

He who controls the splice, controls the universe!

a kitchen needs lots of things nobody ever uses. If you just have a burner and a rice cooker your house looks like a crack den.

The mystery of life in Japan isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience

Quote Originally Posted by greyjoy View Post
    Electronic mail? Your Board of Education can't be arsed with that sorcery! Send them a fax like any normal human being.

He who controls the splice, controls the universe!
    I just came a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by greyjoy View Post
    Are you sending several a day, ending in Plz Respond? 'Cuz that's totes what I'd do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Banned

Ugh, really? I hate being all nattering like that. I thought the Japanese were all about subtlety and politeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Y'all some bitter, paranoid motherfckers.
    If you think they're being serious ..carryon.

For most electronics I'd recommend waiting until New Year's to replace them (if you'll be in the country and are planning to buy new). I got a $1000 oven for $400 thanks to New Year's sales and price matching.
    Last edited by Page; July 4th, 2014 at 14:41.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Page View Post
    If you think they're being serious ..carryon.

For most electronics I'd recommend waiting until New Year's to replace them (if you'll be in the country and are planning to buy new). I got a $1000 oven for $400 thanks to New Year's sales and price matching.

Be sure to buy before April 1st. The sales tax rate is going up again. Also, best sales are around New Years and the beginning of April.

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Just wanted to ask the OP will your pred be there when you arrive or will he be gone by then? If he is it's a good idea to not pay him until you have arrived at your place & can check that everything is in good condition & working order. Or ask if you can pay half now & half later when you arrive. I mean you wouldn't buy appliances or furniture at home without checking it was in good condition right? If he's as nice as you say then it shouldn't be a problem. I know everyone here seems really cynical about your pred but I wholeheartedly agree with them.

When I came my pred left a few days after I arrived so I paid him in person. Unfortunately I was so tired & jet lagged I didn't check my stuff properly & the bed I bought off him turned out to have a broken frame. Had I know that before I paid him I wouldn't have paid him for it. Like your pred he seemed like a really nice guy, same country I'm from, really helpful before I came. Lots of emails sent back & forth & he sent me loads of pictures before I came too. He seemed pretty clean but when I arrived the place hadn't been cleaned in a while & I had to do it. Also another girl I came with got ripped off by her pred. It's a cliche but you can never be too careful.......