Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Items from Pred

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Default Re: Items from Pred

Aye, they've been a thorn in Earth's side for far too long.

Could say the same about us really...
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

I was being dramatic, but that matter is subjective.

If you mean the ecosystem, then we are definitely causing harm to the other living beings with our actions.

As far as the actual world is concerned, it'll still be around no matter how much we "hurt" it.

Heck it'll most likely outlive our race just as it has with other before it.

Only thing we'd be doing is hurting our chance of survival, as it will no longer be able to sustain life as we know it.

The only way we'd be able to actually put a dent on the world is if we created a weapon capable of shattering the planet into pieces.

It was meant as JETs are a thorn to Japanese society...
    Joking

Maybe.
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

We are their salvation!

*holds laughter *

Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar

To give things a slightly different spin and distract from the talk of old CRTs and roaches, my pred was an absolute gem who left me a load of useful stuff, very little I couldn't use, a guide to the town and how everything worked, was very upfront about the condition my inherited belongings would be in and asked for a very small amount of money that he was happy to accept in two halves over paypal, one when I decided what I'd keep and the other after I'd seen everything left for me and decided whether it was worth it.

Some preds are just great people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by itsabird View Post
    Eh. Mine kind of was. He was here for 6 years. With the exception of he kitchen though it wasn't that bad. Just a lot of useless stuff I wouldn't have kept. A large and ugly CRT still sits in my room. An old washer machine out back that's still there. I don't even plan on figuring out how to get rid of that stuff. I live on a small little island. And I think I would have to take it all the way to the docks to put on the ferry to bring to the main island to throw out... I can see why he left all of that junk.
    I plan on cleaning up the place etc, but some of the stuff my pred left will remain. So, yeah, if a successor doesn't like all of the things, well it is fair to not assume that it was all your pred's fault. I mean, I've even cleaned that ridiculously disgusting stove inside the house that was covered with grease and was a sticky mess. Hell, it was probably the cause of the 40 or so roaches I killed within the first few months of living here.... Come to think of it. I take back saying it wasn't that bad. The condition of the kitchen was just unacceptable.

TLDR: Your pred is not 100% responsible for your apartment and it's upkeep, but I'm sure they're at fault for some of it.
    Itsabird is in a fairly bad spot, because when his successor inevitably comes here to complain about the state of his tiny island paradise, I'm going to make sure they know that the apartment was clean as a whistle when he got there, but out of spite he thoroughly trashed the place and bought an old broke washing machine to put on the front lawn.

I had a pred, but he went home early due to a brain tumour. I had no stuff in my apartment however as we all start with a fresh tenancy.
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

My pred was probably the only person in my apartment before me, but he still managed to do a decent amount of damage. He left a bunch of broken things covered in duct tape and there was some damage on the doors and walls where he apparently adhered things to them with duct tape and ripped them off. The worst offense was a computer chair covered in suspicious stains. The back had broken off somehow and he decided to duct tape it back on. I guess using duct tape was the only form of housekeeping he knew how to do since the appliances were coated black from burnt cooking and there was a film of grime on everything else left in the kitchen. The shower had a ton of mold in it and I suspect nothing else was cleaned with any regularity. It also smelled awful since he left rotting food in the sink trap. He was kind enough to leave a note saying "Sorry for the smell. The sink always smells bad in the summer." So I suspect he simply wasn't aware that you're supposed to block food from falling into the sink drain rather than let it fester and clean it out afterward.

But overall it wasn't that bad since he left me a few useable things and didn't try to charge me for them. After I cleaned the place up it was a pretty nice place to live. I made sure I left it pristine for my successor and I didn't try to charge him for anything either. Hopefully he follows my example.

I found a blog from one of my great grandpreds (they were here for one year it seems in 08-09), and I found it interesting that not much had changed in that time. The rice cooker I have now was bought new for her and pretty much all of my dishes and other major furniture existed then, too. She has a second couch in the photos I've seen, but that and the CRT TV are both probably in a dump somewhere now. The tatami in my bedroom hasn't been changed since before her time here. I also found it funny that she mentions receiving a new futon set and towel upon first arriving at the apartment as I received the exact same.

My pred was known to be pretty messy, so I take pity on whoever ended up cleaning out the place in between his departure and my arrival. The apartment needed some work (mostly the bathroom and the sink which hadn't been properly cleaned out probably ever by him), but was decent besides that. When I leave, my pred will have a sweet double bed so they won't have to sleep on that shitty futon set the BOE gives him/her.
    I came here to laugh at you.

I have five or six GIH's saved up in my apartment. I have added mine to the collection so that I am part of the proud history of the ALT's in my city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.