Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Driving test is complete and utter bullshit

Default Driving test is complete and utter bullshit

I've read the thread on how to beat the driving test for the first time. I've taken a three hour course with three different instructors telling me I'm doing everything well. I've watched youtube videos and read various sites. I have the course memorized.

However, I've failed the test today for the second time because I didn't "look right enough" and my "right turns weren't sharp enough".
    Bullshit.

After three hours of driving school were the instructors told me I'm doing everything fine and should be able to pass I'm starting to get pissed. I hate taking my nenkyuu off for such a goddamn waste of a day and a goddamn waste of money.

I don't know how I can pass this test because it seems like this same guy is just pulling shit out of his ass so I have to come back and keep paying money for this shit.

Default Re: Driving test is complete and utter bullshit

Sounds like you might have a racist examiner. Is there another center you can test at, or find out what days that examiner isn't working?
    ...because Japan.

I got failed twice for similarly ridiculous reasons - it sucked. I got points off for looking in the direction I was turning as I turned rather than straight ahead. Did you have the same guy both times? I think some of them just feel that they need to "see you improve" (that is to say, willing to kiss their ass and do anything they say) before they'll pass you.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    Sounds like you might have a racist examiner. Is there another center you can test at, or find out what days that examiner isn't working?
    I'll check. I really am getting to hate the guy who's testing me. I've had him both times.
    I have been completely polite, using keigo, but I'm starting to get to the point where I will want to punch this guy in the throat when I see him.

I haven't seen him pass anyone. I've also been the only white girl who's come in as other people have been from the Philippines, India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, China etc... This guy seems to want to say some English phrases to me. I don't know if I should humor him to be polite, or if I do, he thinks he will get free English lessons every time I come in. He's been friendly to me and had a conversation with me in Japanese before, so I don't know. I really don't.

I'm in Hiroshima, and this may be the only place to get a license. I hate it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by smapattack View Post
    I'll check. I really am getting to hate the guy who's testing me. I've had him both times.
    I have been completely polite, using keigo, but I'm starting to get to the point where I will want to punch this guy in the throat when I see him.

I haven't seen him pass anyone. I've also been the only white girl who's come in as other people have been from the Philippines, India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, China etc... This guy seems to want to say some English phrases to me. I don't know if I should humor him to be polite, or if I do, he thinks he will get free English lessons every time I come in. He's been friendly to me and had a conversation with me in Japanese before, so I don't know. I really don't.

I'm in Hiroshima, and this may be the only place to get a license. I hate it so much.
    During my testing I met a chinese girl who had failed 7+ times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

I feel like I'm on my way to taking all of my nenkyuu off for this test.
    I'm not only mad at the Menkyo Center, I'm also mad at how the JET Program operates this in having to take nenkyuu off. I could really get to where I need without a car. I only need a car primarily for work. I shouldn't have to take nenkyuu off for this. Can I transfer to someplace where I don't need a car? I hate this test. I hate the testers.

A job in the 'States that you needed a car to do would expect you to take care of licensing on your own time, too.
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    A job in the 'States that you needed a car to do would expect you to take care of licensing on your own time, too.
    Yeah, well, the DMV in the States is actually open on the weekends.
    And even if you had to go during a weekday, companies in the States would let you take off an hour or two (that's about all you would really need) and then come back to work.
    The funny thing is, I'm going to have all my nenkyuu used up for this damn test, and I'll just be sitting around the office all of August. What a wonderful system.
    Last edited by smapattack; June 30th, 2014 at 16:59.

The system isn't against you, it's against everybody! Most of us with licenses were failed for the stupid sht, too. I think I failed 3 times, can't even remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini
    If you are a empty husk of a man with no ambition come on jet, stay forever, drink yourself into a stupor every night, hurl abuse at people on itil like a roided up chimp at the feces olympics and die of thyroid cancer in your early 40s.

So, do I just have to keep taking it until I get lucky?
    I feel like me taking nenkyuu is really unnecessary. I don't know what I'll do if I run out of nenkyuu. It adds unneeded pressure to an already ABYSMAL system.

If I do run through all of my nenkyuu I feel like telling the BOE to just send me home. I don't want to deal with all of this shit while losing all my vacation. Fix your fucking shit, Japan. My god.
    Last edited by smapattack; June 30th, 2014 at 18:02.

Is it possible to just take a few hours at a time? Every time I took the test I was done by noon. It still sucks, but at least you won't use nearly as much nenkyu.

You've failed twice? That's not really that bad. It took MG three times. Took me three times to get my MT license. There was a JET who had to test six times (she used to post here on occasion, actually). There was a Brazilian girl testing with MG who had failed something like nine times (she failed the day that MG passed, too, unfortunately). It's a sh*tty system, but it is what it is. Losing two or three (or even five or six) days of nenkyuu isn't the end of the world; it sucks, but it's just part of life here.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

I could ask. I was done by noon today, but it would also take me about an hour to drive back making me get to work at about 1 (my work day ends at 4:15)...

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    You've failed twice? That's not really that bad. It took MG three times. Took me three times to get my MT license. There was a JET who had to test six times (she used to post here on occasion, actually). There was a Brazilian girl testing with MG who had failed something like nine times (she failed the day that MG passed, too, unfortunately). It's a sh*tty system, but it is what it is. Losing two or three (or even five or six) days of nenkyuu isn't the end of the world; it sucks, but it's just part of life here.
    My BOE generously gave me the bare minimum of 12 days for nenkyuu. I'm just worried what will happen if I fail more.

You could try wearing a shortish skirt and crying. I'm also heard of people who had their BOEs call the testing center. Surprise! They passed their next time without doing anything different.

sounds like someone has the shoxxx....
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Oh my god, reading this is making me dread taking my test soon. ): The guy at the DMV here who seems to be in charge of foreign licensing is a spazzy man who talks a million miles a minute, so I'm going to be very nervous if he's the one who is administering my test. It seems to me that I'm the only person doing this foreign licensing switch-aroo in the area right now... I wonder if that will work for or against me...

Good luck to you, smapattack! I hope you pass the next time!! I can only imagine how frustrating it is to keep failing and getting your nenkyuu robbed. <3

You might get lucky and have someone who passes you. I think a lot of it is actually luck in the instructor.

Why is everyone waiting for the zero hour?

U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    During my testing I met a chinese girl who had failed 7+ times.
    Same here, only the girl was on her eighth try and failed again when I finally passed. But to be fair to the examiner, it sounded like she had trouble keeping the car driving straight even when she wasn't supposed to turn. I think it would have made more sense for her to go back to driving school than keep trying to pass the test.

It took me three tries to pass. I made some minor mistakes the first two times since I was nervous but even when I did it perfectly the guy still criticized me for "checking my blind spots too often". At least he couldn't fail me for that.