Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

Pimpin wenches aint easy BeckyJones's Avatar

Default Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
    "It's the internet". Yep - true. But we do try to be helpful too while keeping the site as flexible as we can. We're stricter in the newbie forums so if people want to come on for advice yet not be lynched by the regulars, that's the place to be. Reports within the newbie forum are taken very seriously and usually ends up with the banhammer coming out.

Thanks for your input tobio. Keeping new members here is difficult, as you're starting to realise. However, all it takes is one or two new posters to be persistent and bring new life into the forum. You never know, you could end up finding yourself in charge of the newbie forum or even a general mod. I'm always on the lookout for people who want to help the site. Some would say there's too many mods here, but the thing is not everyone is active at the same time.

Anyway, stick around

Cheers
    oh you should probably cull some of the mods. Several of them haven't been in Japan or on the site in a year or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    His dying breath will not be how sorry he is to leave his wife or children, but it will be saved to insult Jiggit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

You seem to be a magnet for infractions...
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

.....and Word isn't?
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.

Pimpin wenches aint easy BeckyJones's Avatar

have I ever had an infraction?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    His dying breath will not be how sorry he is to leave his wife or children, but it will be saved to insult Jiggit.
    Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatefall View Post
    .....and Word isn't?
    No, I'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    I've had like 2 and you made Ini a mod.
    Ini's a mod?!?

You just blew my mind...
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones
    you will soon learn... Imagine the worst people you knew in college. Now imagine them trying to continue their college life in another country, constantly talking shit about each other and their foreign country like it is shit... only to be the shittiest of the bunch.

now imagine the people who don't fit into that, and are actually shittier.... that is ITIL.

Ini was a mod. Past tense. Your blown mind is a fair indication of why he no longer is.
    ...because Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    Ini was a mod. Past tense. Your blown mind is a fair indication of why he no longer is.
    Viva la revolution
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones
    you will soon learn... Imagine the worst people you knew in college. Now imagine them trying to continue their college life in another country, constantly talking shit about each other and their foreign country like it is shit... only to be the shittiest of the bunch.

now imagine the people who don't fit into that, and are actually shittier.... that is ITIL.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Thank god these people aren't stupid enough to make me a mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

His alt account had mod powers last time I saw it.

Nah, it didn't. It still had the title, but didn't actually have the authoritah.
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Yeah, ini is so much worse than word.

Ya, Ini would definitely do terrible things like delete threads he was getting annoyed with or losing the argument in.....oh wait a min
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.

I deleted troll threads/posts in Applying. I'm not sorry I did this and would do it again. I got a bit overzealous in my deletion once, but I apologized to the user involved for doing so. It was an innocent mistake, and I'd appreciate it if you would stop attempting to make it out to be something otherwise, ihate. That was a single incident and it was addressed.
    Last edited by word; August 15th, 2014 at 19:29. Reason: Spelling error.

No. Where the aforementioned incident was concerned, however, "trolling" was the appropriate label (despite my ham-fisted response). Relevant messages were recovered and examined and my actions were viewed a bit more sympathetically (not much, but a bit) by fellow staff members.

This thread is getting off topic. If you guys just want to use me as the site's whipping boy, take it to The Lounge. Criticism posted in here should be constructive and specific, not just random digs. To be honest, the vast majority of moderating I do goes completely unnoticed, and it's becoming increasingly apparent that you guys don't want me to post my opinions as often, nor engage in discussion as often. Message received. I'll be laying low and moderating only as much as this position requires in the future.

I think the constructive specific criticism is that people want you to stop using your moderating powers to alter threads where you're talking about your own opinion (under the guise of removing "trolling") when no mods appear to care about trolling in every other thread.

I get it. You didn't like the way I moderated a pointlessly stupid thread I created in the time-wasting sub-forum and in which I stated I was going to moderate strictly. I learned my lesson and won't be creating another thread like that.