Thread: Blacklisting threads?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Blacklisting threads?

Is there anyway to blacklist (force certain threads to not show up) on this forum? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Blacklisting threads?

Hi,

No, this is not a feature that is supported by the forum software.

Can I ask why you would want to do this?

Thanks,
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

That's okay, just wondering! If there's nothing I can do, there's nothing I can do.

As for why, the "Fight Fat Culture" thread makes me very uncomfortable whenever I see it in The Lounge or pop up with new posts due to a good friend of mine committing suicide over being fat shamed for some years. At the same time I realize it's a good discussion thread to have for those who are interested, but it just makes me uncomfortable whenever I see it.

But considering there's nothing to do about it I totally understand and will just do my best to ignore it! Thanks for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Hey I was right!
    EhUkkw7.jpg

BB, I'm surprised ignoring threads isn't an option? Especially because you can blacklist/ignore users, or whatever it's called.

Tobio, my close friend committed suicide so I think I understand where you're coming from with your request. Reminders of my friend often make me uncomfortable, even though it's been almost 6 years, too. I hope it gets easier.

Do you think there might be a browser extension that you could utilize that would block or hide keywords/or posts with keywords? I know there are extensions that find/replace words on a page. Perhaps you could
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianwen View Post
    I am a competent, semifunctioning adult of modest landwhale proportions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    how many more threads in which BJ declares his love for lianwen do we need?

Lianwen - I had a quick look but I can't see any plugins for VBulletin to do that. If you find one please let me know and I'll happily install it on the forum. Thanks.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Thanks Lianwen - and also thanks for checking out the possibilities of a plugin. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see one.

tobio, if you use Firefox, you can install Greasemonkey, which will allow you to run a script that adds a "ignore" button to VB threads. I've not tested it, but it may be possible for you to use this method to block certain threads.

If it makes you feel any better, the offending thread has now been locked, and I certainly won't be recreating it any time in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

I use chrome but if I feel anything might affect me like that in the future I may switch to Firefox. Thanks for the tip - Appreciate it! Sorry about your thread.