Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Formal Appointment Speech

Default Re: Formal Appointment Speech

Dude, I think you already know well that 3-5 years at a single school is usually more like 7-10 years. And really that's not even the point. We are not seisyain, we are contracted. We don't have the same rights and privileges. We are not members of the union. The glass ceiling is already at your head, crushing your face, turning your face into a contortion of your face, like a child pressing his face up against the window of a bus. Stop lying to yourself.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

3-5 years? I've got teachers who have been at my school for 8 or more easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

It works mostly to my advantage. If foreigners here are all content to be teacher's aides, then it opens up the job market for real jobs in teaching or whatever. I'm just trying to help you see the light.

Well gosh there so have I, genius. I also had teachers who get sent packing after 2-3. The average for brand new teachers is probably pretty close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by coheeshosho View Post
    It works mostly to my advantage. If foreigners here are all content to be teacher's aides, then it opens up the job market for real jobs in teaching or whatever. I'm just trying to help you see the light.
    You'll forgive me if I don't particularly value the insights of someone who thinks saying "there are clubs in Roppongi" is a guide to Tokyo nightlife.

I agree with you that most of my past posts have been lunacy. But I'm still a fetus in this womb. Give me time to develop.

Also, you are wrong, so just admit it here.

Also, you are wrong, so just admit it here.
    That's about as mature a comment as I'd expect from a foetus, I guess.

How do people like you get through college?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    How do people like you get through college?
    American "universities" are profit-driven day-care centers. They don't really GAF if you learn anything or not; they just want you to spend 30-100 thousand dollars in student loan money having a good time being drunk and date-raping each other in their dorms.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

wut.
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

I agree Jiggit.

Also coheedandcambria,
    I think that your right in someways but wrong in others.
    While you applied for this job and weren't recruited, you were appointed to that BOE by Tokyo. So as far as the Local BOE (LB) sees it, the ALT is "appointed".

While I agree that maybe no single ALT is going to impact the system in a meaningful way, I wouldn't go as far as to say "anything". I think ALTs can have a huge impact on individuals and class rooms.
    I had some of my old student look for me on Facebook 6 years after I left the school. I have heard a few Japanese people say that the ALT in their school taught them so much more than English.

You can have a huge impact in the lives of the people around if you choose to.
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.

Don't sell yourself short, Co-sho. I'm sure you have had a tremendous impact on the lives of your students and JTEs but just don't realize it. Of course, the students and JTEs won't realize it either until they go to therapy one day and are forced to relive the traumatic memory of having to deal with your bitter existence.

Pimpin wenches aint easy BeckyJones's Avatar

this thread is stupid, and yall should feel bad.
    to the OP, Don't worry, you don't need anything special. Just do your normal self intro, and bow and smile and be personable.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    His dying breath will not be how sorry he is to leave his wife or children, but it will be saved to insult Jiggit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Ok, I'll make sure not to sell myself short from now on. We're teachers aides people. Get it through your damn heads.

I'm going to admit that i don't like kids much, however i do want to teach. I want to teach at a higher level than HS, but im not staying in the UK getting 'experience' in a place where the society is turning against the teaching profession. This works just as well for what i want, once i get the required number of years of experience i will move on and get my full teaching degree and teach at the level i want to teach. This is just a stepping stone in my path.
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

Quote Originally Posted by sharpinthetang View Post
    I'm going to admit that i don't like kids much, however i do want to teach.
    wut. wai?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpinthetang View Post
    I want to teach at a higher level than HS, but im not staying in the UK getting 'experience' in a place where the society is turning against the teaching profession. This works just as well for what i want, once i get the required number of years of experience i will move on and get my full teaching degree and teach at the level i want to teach. This is just a stepping stone in my path.
    What level might that be?

And how does alting count toward your required experience?
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

WTF are you going to do if you have ES or kindy visits?