Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 88

Thread: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

  1. #21
    keepin' it real ihatefall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Central Tokyo
    Posts
    1,664

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    I was under the impression that you had editing an argument you were having with someone on more than one occasion. Sorry if I am mistaken, but a wise person once told me that when you're in a position of power, everything you do is viewed under a magnifying glass.
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.

  2. #22
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    You are mistaken.

    I overzealously deleted a series of posts when I was banning an abusive troll in Applying once. It was a mistake, I apologized for it, and I won't do it again.

    The "argument" everyone is ranting about here is related to a thread in The Lounge--one which was stupid and completely inconsequential, but apparently quite meaningful to a few very vocal members of this site. I didn't actually delete anything from that thread; I moved unrelated posts out of it. Nothing was deleted or edited. I have no idea why you guys have gotten your panties in such a bunch over it.
    Last edited by word; August 16th, 2014 at 18:04.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  3. #23
    Senior Member par92186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    210

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    Will you guys just make up and kiss already...
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones
    you will soon learn... Imagine the worst people you knew in college. Now imagine them trying to continue their college life in another country, constantly talking shit about each other and their foreign country like it is shit... only to be the shittiest of the bunch.

    now imagine the people who don't fit into that, and are actually shittier.... that is ITIL.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    900

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    It's really not that it's meaningful or consequential necessarily. It's that you accused me of being a troll and a rapist for basically no reason, and in diverting part of the discussion to another thread, you managed to mostly avoid (or rather delay) the fall out of insisting your wrong opinion was fact.

    It's awfully ridiculous how many punches I've had to pull recently just to make sure I don't upset you and cause you to spiral out of control again.

  5. #25
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    You guys are awfully ridiculous in your attempts to paint me as a "bad mod." I'm just a whale biologist--I calls 'em like I sees 'em. I've never infracted you nor edited any of your posts, greyjoy. I might think of you as a rapist (and rightfully so), but I'll never allow that fact to affect my moderation of your posts. I'm not certain precisely which behaviour of mine you believe qualifies as "out of control." I don't believe I've left anything you posted unanswered or unaddressed, nor have I attempted to stifle debate on any subject you've brought up. Moving one of your off-topic posts does not qualify as censoring such a post. I'm sure you can understand the difference.
    Last edited by word; August 17th, 2014 at 05:21.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  6. #26
    Senior Moment Antonath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Living on the edge of sanity
    Posts
    6,582

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    I might think of you as a rapist (and rightfully so)...
    Cite your sources (and call the police) or stop calling people that, please. There is a world of difference between calling people landwhales or obsessed with porn and accusing them of rape.
    ...because Japan.

  7. #27
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    greyjoy made his inclinations clear in his own posts; I'm quite willing to allow the community to judge him for what he is. If he is able to use this thread as a soapbox on which to stand and badmouth me on the basis of my posts and actions, I feel at least somewhat qualified to do the same to him. Should I be expected to self-censor my own thoughts on the matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  8. #28
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    Also, for what it's worth, I don't believe I've evar accused anyone of being "obsessed with porn" or even being a landwhale (obvious ribbing aside). As one who is a bit fat and obsessed with porn, it would be rather hypocritical of me to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  9. #29
    Senior Moment Antonath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Living on the edge of sanity
    Posts
    6,582

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Also, for what it's worth, I don't believe I've evar accused anyone of being "obsessed with porn" or even being a landwhale (obvious ribbing aside). As one who is a bit fat and obsessed with porn, it would be rather hypocritical of me to do so.
    I wasn't referring to you in particular with that, just pointing out that insults and the like are an accepted part of popular internet bitch-gripe-moan website ITIL, but accusations of criminal sexual behaviour are probably crossing a line.
    ...because Japan.

  10. #30
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    Perhaps.

    Nevatheless, I still view greyjoy as a rapist. Perhaps he is nothing of the sort... but my opinion remains. Dismiss me as you see fit. My opinion of him is earned, not bestowed. I don't take any joy in the application of the label.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    When you say shit like that I can only draw one of three conclusions:

    You're trolling.

    You're trying to attack him personally to avoid addressing his points and generally derail the argument.

    You are nuts.

    Also it doesn't matter that you didn't actually infract him in this situation; you certainly used the threat of it as a way of preventing him from taking part in the discussion.

  12. #32
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    When you say shit like that I can only draw one of three conclusions:

    You're trolling.

    You're trying to attack him personally to avoid addressing his points and generally derail the argument.

    You are nuts.

    Also it doesn't matter that you didn't actually infract him in this situation; you certainly used the threat of it as a way of preventing him from taking part in the discussion.
    I'm just being an ass. He brought it up; I was pretty much ready to drop the whole issue. The offending thread has been locked for days now. I totally feel like shit. You guys won. I'm not sure what you want from me. I'm sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  13. #33
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Re: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

    Oh, and as far as the "threat of infracting" is concerned--I threatened to infract him if he kept trolling, which seems quite a legitimate threat to make in a thread I'd established as heavily moderated. As it happened, he continued trolling, and I didn't infract him, so... ? The thread was locked, and I've been avoiding posting in The Lounge since then. I'm really trying to avoid posting much in general. Give me a chance and leave me alone for a while; I promise, I'll be much more agreeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  14. #34
    Senior Member par92186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    210

    Default Re: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

    Word I don't feel you need to disappear from posting. I've always enjoyed reading what you've got to say. Clearly some things didn't agree so well with some other ITIL members, but it's not like you were running for President of ITIL (or are you?). Regardless, I hope ya still throw your hat in the ring from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones
    you will soon learn... Imagine the worst people you knew in college. Now imagine them trying to continue their college life in another country, constantly talking shit about each other and their foreign country like it is shit... only to be the shittiest of the bunch.

    now imagine the people who don't fit into that, and are actually shittier.... that is ITIL.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Newbies, I want your input on ithinkimlost.com.

    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    I'm just being an ass. He brought it up; I was pretty much ready to drop the whole issue. The offending thread has been locked for days now. I totally feel like shit. You guys won. I'm not sure what you want from me. I'm sorry.
    Fair enough, sorry to go on about it, I didn't realise you were kidding this time.

  16. #36
    Village Idiot RoflCopter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Aimlessly wandering through this meandering existence.
    Posts
    228

    Default Re: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

    Jiggit for Mod!

    Quote Originally Posted by par92186 View Post
    President of ITIL (or are you?).
    How do I go about getting a nomination?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Fair enough, sorry to go on about it, I didn't realise you were kidding this time.
    Get with the program buddy, you're behind; If you want to be a MOD you need to be able to recognize the difference, we've got some training to do.

  17. #37
    Senior Member mothy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    On a happy rainbow
    Posts
    12,351

    Default Re: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    you guys just want to use me as the site's whipping boy
    Yes please.

  18. #38
    Senior Member azguitarist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    3年生
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

    Don't stop posting Word!

  19. #39
    Feckless Manchild Otaku word's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    18,421

    Default Re: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

    I won't; I'm just tired of putting forth effort toward creating threads, engaging in discussion, occasionally stirring up sh*t, and getting arseloads of flak for it. People hate it when the site is boring but clearly don't want me to attempt to make it interesting, either (or they just don't like the way I go about it, which is essentially the same thing). So I'm gonna keep my fat f*cking mouth shut for a while and just respond to sh*t occasionally. Maybe things will improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

    Just so long as you never entertain the idea that there might be something about your posts that is particularly objectionable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •