Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

Default Re: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

There's boatloads of stuff in my posts that is particularly objectionable and I know it. I didn't realize before that you whiners wanted a forum where nobody ever posts anything particularly objectionable. I do now. So you'll be getting a less particularly objectionable word from this point forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Dude who is whining now?

I would like to go on record that I have no problems with your post, views or proclivities.

Carry on sir.
    One day the world will be the skinny fit you envision.
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.

Aimlessly wandering through this meandering existence.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    There's boatloads of stuff in my posts that is particularly objectionable and I know it. I didn't realize before that you whiners wanted a forum where nobody ever posts anything particularly objectionable. I do now. So you'll be getting a less particularly objectionable word from this point forward.
    "Hayters gon' hayte!" - RoflCopter aka Lil Wayne

Don't let the bitchy people get you down Word, they simply fear progress. Remember, even the Gods among us make mistakes from time to time.

I personally like controversy, it makes for interesting discussion. Otherwise I'm forced to talk about slamming pussy, which makes me one-dimensional.
    Last edited by Antonath; August 25th, 2014 at 17:05. Reason: VIP Info

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Fuck them Word, keep posting objectionable shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatefall View Post
    Dude who is whining now?

I would like to go on record that I have no problems with your post, views or proclivities.

Carry on sir.
    One day the world will be the skinny fit you envision.
    F*ck you; you're one of the people who've been most vocal in your criticism, and what's worse, you did so without actually understanding what you were b*tching about. You accused me of sh*t that I didn't do 'cause all the cool kids were doing it. You did it is this f*cking thread. Eat me.
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

F*ck you; you're one of the people who've been most vocal in your criticism, and what's worse, you did so without actually understanding what you were b*tching about. You accused me of sh*t that I didn't do 'cause all the cool kids were doing it. You did it is this f*cking thread. Eat me.
    Read what I just wrote again. And read what I accused you of again.

I never had a problem with your fat culture thread, views, posts or proclivities.
    That only thing I called you on was deleting stuff. The post above was to make that clear.
    Aka don't feel you need to pull punches for me.
    You seem to be apologetic about it so its all good with me.

Yeah, re-read it...

And f*ck you. You're one of the people who've been the most vocal in your criticism, and what's worse, you did so without actually understanding what you were b*tching about. You accused me of sh*t that I didn't do. You did it in this f*cking thread. Eat me.

Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar

Wait, so we're allowed to swear outside the lounge as long as we put asterisks in place of vowels? What's the point of that?

Anyway, I don't really have a problem with Word, outside of the obvious. Go Word! Up with the Wordocracy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

Banned

I never had a problem with Word either, even near the end of that thread. God knows I'm inured to people being wrong and loud, having lived in America my whole life. I just find it childish that he thinks he's perfectly justified in calling me a rapist because he has a gut feeling about some unspecific syntax and diction. Equally ridiculous is his previous willingness to "stir the shit" while accusing me of trolling for doing basically the exact same thing.

But apparently he had some unnamed sympathizers among the moderators, so why bother apologizing or even admitting he threw a temper tantrum?

Quote Originally Posted by greyjoy View Post
    I never had a problem with Word either, even near the end of that thread. G*d knows I'm inured to people being wrong and loud, having lived in America my whole life. I just find it childish that he thinks he's perfectly justified in calling me a r*pist because he has a g*t feeling about some unspecific s*ntax and diction. Equally ridiculous is his previous willingness to "**** *** ****" while accusing me of tr*lling for doing basically the exact same th*ng.

But a**arently he had ***e u**amed symp*thi*ers among the m*der*tors, so why bother *********** or even admitting he threw a ****** *******?
    F*x*d th*t f*r y**.
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleJustSaySnow View Post
    Wait, so we're allowed to swear outside the lounge as long as we put asterisks in place of vowels? What's the point of that?
    We nevar had any problem with swearing. Google did. So, we require a bit of self-censorship from our members. I do hope it's not too much to ask.

I never had a problem with Word either, even near the end of that thread. God knows I'm inured to people being wrong and loud, having lived in America my whole life. I just find it childish that he thinks he's perfectly justified in calling me a rapist because he has a gut feeling about some unspecific syntax and diction. Equally ridiculous is his previous willingness to "stir the shit" while accusing me of trolling for doing basically the exact same thing.
    Again, I told you I would be strictly moderating that thread. In addition to being a rapist, are you mentally ill? How much clearer do I have to make things before it will somehow seep through that thick skull of yours? THAT THREAD WAS DIFFERENT. I said it would be strictly moderated, and it was. I have nevar banned or otherwise penalized anyone for posting anything in The Lounge. At the worst, I have edited posts (generally due to racism or something else obviously prohibited by posted rules; occasionally to correct minor formatting errors).

But apparently he had some unnamed sympathizers among the moderators...
    No, I don't. I think most of them kinda hate me. I certainly don't make their lives any easier. But they're honest, decent people, and they call things pretty fairly.

...so why bother apologizing or even admitting he threw a temper tantrum?
    I've apologized on a fairly frequent basis, actually--when it's deserved--and generally do not hesitate to admit when I've done something wrong. I'm not gonna apologize for thinking of you as a rapist because that really is what you seem to be.

Screw you guys. Most of you who are jumping on this inexplicable "I have no problem with word" bandwagon are precisely the ones who've resulted precipitated my reduced presence in The Lounge. Reap what you've sown and be thankful for it, b*tches.

Yeah, re-read it...

And f*ck you. You're one of the people who've been the most vocal in your criticism, and what's worse, you did so without actually understanding what you were b*tching about. You accused me of sh*t that I didn't do. You did it in this f*cking thread. Eat me.
    You forgot to quote yourself! Haha

Dude, take it easy. If you can pull out your red pen every 10 posts I make, likewise you should be able to take some criticism too.

And if I was following the "cool kids" how could I be the most vocal?!? I think I mentioned it like 3 times.

Sorry I brought it up, but seriously stop kicking rocks in the parking lot and grumbling to yourself about it like a freshly disciplined 8 year old.

You apologized, we (mostly) accepted. Get over it. Being the beast that ITIL is, if you show us an open wound, we are going to pour salt in it. You know that.

I think we can all move past this.

We nevar had any problem with swearing. Google did. So, we require a bit of self-censorship from our members. I do hope it's not too much to ask.

Screw you guys. Most of you who are jumping on this inexplicable "I have no problem with word" bandwagon are precisely the ones who've resulted precipitated my reduced presence in The Lounge. Reap what you've sown and be thankful for it, b*tches.
    Oh no, not too much to ask at all - I just thought Google were a little stricter than that.

As for the second bit, just to make my personal position clear, I don't have a problem with you, I just think that there's a bit of a disconnect between some of the things you say and how you choose to present yourself/your views on certain topics, that's all.

Banned

Again, I told you I would be strictly moderating that thread. In addition to being a rapist, are you mentally ill? How much clearer do I have to make things before it will somehow seep through that thick skull of yours? THAT THREAD WAS DIFFERENT. I said it would be strictly moderated, and it was. I have nevar banned or otherwise penalized anyone for posting anything in The Lounge. At the worst, I have edited posts (generally due to racism or something else obviously prohibited by posted rules; occasionally to correct minor formatting errors).
    If it was being strictly moderated, why did the discussion break down the way it did? What about strict moderation meant that I wasn't allowed to dispute your claims as vehemently as you hold yours? If you are being logically consistent in your moderation standards on THAT THREAD, then you would have exercised the control you claimed to have and neither posted insults nor responded emotionally to what you perceived as personal attacks.

This isn't really a huge life changing event for me anything. I was content to leave this topic alone, but you just keep insisting you did nothing wrong and everyone is being so mean to you, and you really think it's because of superficial reasons. I don't think you should post any less than you did in the past, unless you're genuinely afraid of being shown how wrong your opinions are.

Sometimes, I feel like I am watching a game of rock'em, sock'em robots.
    Buttons are pushed, punches are thrown, things are reset but at the end of the day, fighting is all they can really do.

If it was being strictly moderated, why did the discussion break down the way it did? What about strict moderation meant that I wasn't allowed to dispute your claims as vehemently as you hold yours? If you are being logically consistent in your moderation standards on THAT THREAD, then you would have exercised the control you claimed to have and neither posted insults nor responded emotionally to what you perceived as personal attacks.
    I kept things on topic. I'm not sure why you're having such trouble grasping this concept. The on-topic posts stayed in the thread, regardless of whether or not the poster was agreeing with me. The off-topic posts were moved (but not deleted). Get it together, man. As far as insulting you... well; as I've said many times... I'm a whale biologist. I calls 'em like I sees 'em. You strike me as a rapist, and pretty much everything you've posted since my initial assessment has only served to cement that judgement. I shudder to think of you being around young children. Or pretty much anyone, for that matter. I'll bet dollars to dimes you were involved in some harassment-related questionable sh*t at your university.

This isn't really a huge life changing event for me anything. I was content to leave this topic alone...
    No, you weren't. You brought all this sh*t up in Applying after I'd dropped the whole thing and locked the thread. You obviously revel in this malarkey and should stop lying to yourself and us about that fact.

...but you just keep insisting you did nothing wrong...
    Did you not read what I posted? Christ, man; you really are mentally ill or something.

I don't think you should post any less than you did in the past, unless you're genuinely afraid of being shown how wrong your opinions are.
    <removed - BB>

Edit: Also, is English your first language? Might wanna check on your definition of the word "opinion" there, sir.
    Last edited by Beer Baron; August 27th, 2014 at 04:17.

<removed - BB>
    Whoo! Lucky you took that 'u' out there, or that might have been a bit too spicy for site discussion!
    Last edited by Beer Baron; August 27th, 2014 at 04:17.

If it weren't for our omnipotent Google Overlords, I'd have left it there! Gotta be on my best behaviour, though...

Banned

A couple of preliminary points:
    1) Although I have no actual emotional or intellectual interest in this fight, I do enjoy it in the abstract. Arguing on the internet was always a guilty pleasure of mine, and though I did walk away in the interest of Mothy's peace and love accord, I am eternally a victim of my own "Somebody is wrong on the Internet" sense.
    2) While I find it as ridiculous that you cannot talk about me without using the word "rapist" as I do that you cannot talk about women without using the word "fatty", I don't take offense to your repeated use of the word. You cannot get a rise out of me with such simple tactics

I kept things on topic. I'm not sure why you're having such trouble grasping this concept. The on-topic posts stayed in the thread, regardless of whether or not the poster was agreeing with me. The off-topic posts were moved (but not deleted).
    Here's the thing: I never really busted your balls for splitting the topic off. I never complained that you edited posts, deleted them, or otherwise censored my opinions. In all of your bitching and moaning here, you've implied that I have been on your ass about this, when in fact it was other posters who levied those charges. The only things that I have been consistently accusing you of is incorrectly identifying my argument as trolling, and acting like a child
    Get it together, man. As far as insulting you... well; as I've said many times... I'm a whale biologist
    I too enjoy Futurama. You see me, trying to build bridges here?

I calls 'em like I sees 'em. You strike me as a rapist, and pretty much everything you've posted since my initial assessment has only served to cement that judgement.
    But you know, I don't think I do strike you as a rapist. Nothing you've said has given me any reason to believe that. For instance here is where you first mention it:
    Quote Originally Posted by word in another thread
    Edit: I'm kinda curious--is this how you react when people talk about rape culture? Are you a rapist AND a retard?
    Note here that you came out with a barb that you trusted (from my past conversations in other threads where I took a hard stance against rape culture) would sting me on a personal level. It was not an actual accusation of being a rapist, it was just a scare quote in the manner of "Did Glenn Beck rape and murder a girl back in 1990?"

When I casually parried this last ditch effort of yours to make me look and feel bad by pointing out that Rape Culture is a thing that exists, and Fat Culture doesn't, you then doubled down and insisted that I gave off a rapist vibe, something which you fail to even begin to describe the nature of. But somehow every one of my posts exemplifies this quality in me.
    Later, you admitted that you were just taunting me.
    Quote Originally Posted by word from another thread
    it just seemed like a reasonable way as any to deal with his trolling
    You followed it up with an excuse about me saying things rapists might say, which is obviously a lie. Literally everybody else gave you shit about your accusation. Nobody thinks that you can identify me as even a probable rapist by the things I've said here, and everyone noticed that you never mentioned it until after you had no way to win your argument about Fat Culture.

I shudder to think of you being around young children. Or pretty much anyone, for that matter. I'll bet dollars to dimes you were involved in some harassment-related questionable sh*t at your university.
    Too bad I guess, on all counts.

No, you weren't. You brought all this sh*t up in Applying after I'd dropped the whole thing and locked the thread. You obviously revel in this malarkey and should stop lying to yourself and us about that fact.
    Did I do that? This thread is the summation of that malarkey, and aside from my participation today, I had one post in this thread, on the second page. You do realize I'm not IHateFall, right? That he has an almost entirely separate complaint against you that I have neither supported nor acknowledged? Both he and Jiggit were the ones that began this topic, and I simply reiterated my position that you are a child without a sense of dignity or self awareness once, and left you to wallow.

Did you not read what I posted? Christ, man; you really are mentally ill or something.
    You see, although I did insult you in the fat culture thread, it was never really at the expense of my argument. Whereas literally the only thing you have right now is repeating the same insults over and over attempting to make me angry. I don't understand why you think this tactic works when it has failed so many times in such a short period of time

<removed - BB>
    ibidem

Edit: Also, is English your first language? Might wanna check on your definition of the word "opinion" there, sir.
    Your opinion on the existence of fat culture (that its existence==TRUE) is demonstrably wrong. As are plenty of your conclusions dependent upon your false premise. I'm sure there are plenty of things that you're not wrong about, but since you've decided that this place is too whiny for you to talk about them, I guess we won't know.
    It's really very clear that you're insecure about your own ability to argue your points well. You admitted several times that you were incapable of stating what you mean. Moreover, when other people told you that were wrong, instead of admitting it, you basically accused them of disagreeing with you because they are fat, or because they just hate you baselessly
    Quote Originally Posted by word from another thread
    I'm sorry I cleaned it up, and pretty sorry I started it in the first place. It's obvious where ITIL's sympathies lie, and not really hard to guess why.
    I'll admit I can't decide which option you're implying. I would bet that you think everyone who disagrees with you is just a jealous fat person, but honestly at this point I don't know what your motivations are, other than trying to burn me by any means possible.

You're a sad case, word.
    Last edited by Beer Baron; August 27th, 2014 at 04:18.

<removed - BB>

Please keep things on topic. The sadness of my case, my ability (or lack thereof) to effectively argue my position, my opinion of the existence of fat culture, and greyjoy's proclivity toward rape are all quite off-topic. If you'd like to discuss any of those things, please do so in The Lounge. My sincere apologies for contributing to the off-topic posts.
    Last edited by Beer Baron; August 27th, 2014 at 04:19.