Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

Banned

Default Re: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

What is the topic?

Banned

Because from what I can tell, this topic split off because people were dissatisfied with your ability to effectively moderate this forum. Thus, your erratic behavior and childish tantrums are very much on the topic of whether or not you should keep your moderator status.

I honestly can't see how Ini would be a less effective moderator than you.

Where does all this hate really get us in the end?

It's simple, greypist. You see, contrary to what you apparently believe, I'm allowed to have a personality here, however abhorrent you may find it. This IS a discussion about my moderation... which is why my fun fat-rants have no place in it. I'm a fairly effective moderator--I approve newbie posts, I keep an eye on discussions in Applying and elsewhere, I edit/address racism and other inappropriate content, etc. I'm on a lot and do a pretty decent job. Oh, I've been known to make a mistake from time to time, but on the whole, I'm all right. Moar than that, I actively seek out fellow moderators based on their willingness and ability to put me in my place--often in order to provide some sort of balance against my malarkey. But my malarkey isn't inappropriate here. It goes down in the right forums and it isn't prohibited. It also doesn't interfere with my ability to moderate this forum. And, frankly, the idea that you can come in here and claim that I shouldn't be a moderator is laughable at best. I can promise, whatever childishness or erratic behaviour I may have displayed, I've also contributed a hell of a lot in the way of helpful information.

How about this--instead of just attacking members of the moderation staff that you don't like, why don't you follow mothy's advice and go post something useful or helpful for a change?
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Aimlessly wandering through this meandering existence.

I'll throw in my two cents just for the hell of it.

Outside of this discussion and the animosity you two seem to harbor for one another .. I like Word.

I like GreyJoy too.

Hell, I even like Jiggit! We have one of those love-hate relationships, which I believe leads to great friendship!

I wasn't really part of the "community" during the whole, "censorship era," but I like Words moderation so far.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    - Adolf Hitler aka Joseph Stalin aka Gimp Legged Roosevelt aka Winston Churchill
    Last edited by RoflCopter; August 26th, 2014 at 14:01.

Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoflCopter View Post
    I'll throw in my two cents just for the hell of it.

Outside of this discussion and the animosity you two seem to harbor for one another .. I like Word.

I like GreyJoy too.

Hell, I even like Jiggit! We have one of those love-hate relationships, which I believe leads to great friendship!

I wasn't really part of the "community" during the whole, "censorship era," but I like Words moderation so far.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    - Adolf Hitler aka Joseph Stalin aka Gimp Legged Roosevelt aka Winston Churchill
    Wait, your two cents is that you just 'like' everyone? How inane is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

That's the joke.
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleJustSaySnow View Post
    That's the joke.
    You can't be telling jokes, haven't you figured out that Jiggit is a LITERAL person.

"Like" is a strong word, true.

How about this, I don't dislike anyone.

If you PM me you can get some insight in to my personality.

Quote Originally Posted by RoflCopter View Post
    If you PM me
    Aaargh!

I'd like Tobio's two cents, or one CHIT, on this subject.

EDITED FOR POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.
    Last edited by RoflCopter; August 26th, 2014 at 14:23.

Ohh I didn't get it
    Ba-dum-tish

What am I even two-cent'ing on here... I haven't exactly been around long enough to give a proper judgement. Unless you want to know how I feel about word and the fat-shaming thread?

Don't be fooled - Rofltractor is just trying to get you interested so he can blindside you with PM requests.

edit: im sleep deprived and immediately regretted this post so bye bye it goes even though snow basically quoted it fuck
    Last edited by tobio; August 26th, 2014 at 15:51.

Pimpin wenches aint easy BeckyJones's Avatar

Hey everybody. I had the first post in this "thread" and then it was moved. So i feel like i should chime in here.

What camp am i in? Am I in the pro word or anti word camp? well the answer is simple. As a person, I have no problems with him, but as a mod I feel he has gone on too many tantrums and power trips. This isn't just a greyjoy/fat culture bullshit thing, There have been several times that word has gotten pissy at things and thrown that mod power around. I bring up that osakavamp chick as an example. I even talked to her in PM and told her that it wasn't all bad here, but she reiterated a point several people have come up with "word was hostile, and threw his mod dick around to prove his point"

If he was just a normal forum poster it wouldn't be a problem IMO. We all get pissy、 call me a bad husband or father and I get my panties in a bunch sometimes. And sometimes we poke and prod too far. But seriously, word. I am talking to you directly right now. You do sometimes go on a bit of a crazy megalomania spree from time to time. Reading this thread is only solidifying that for me. Seriously, some of the shit you are saying isn't funny, and it doesn't look like you are in control. Also, to the other mods and people on this forum I would like to point out I've been told to lay off jigg and the whole paedo shit because it goes beyond "funny" and light hearted into "criminal accusation" territory. Word, you should know that, the other mods... you should know that. So you shouldn't be calling the kraken a rapist,.. If you hold the standards you hold for me, and the other plebs on this site... so too should the mod staff... more so even.

I know I'm a troll, piece of shit and probably the last person who should be giving advice on this forum. But for a place that is trying to foster more "new" people, like greyjoy and osaka and all that. Having a mod go on full blown attack, move posts, delete posts, and temp ban someone because they believe their opinion is right isn't the way to go about doing it. It just isn't. Osaka was pretty much scared off, btw... she might still be lurking but for the most part you guys jumping on her and "slut" shaming her so quick and hard was really off putting. Word. you were a part of that. Sorry dude, but that is the truth.

Also, some of us have been restrained in what we say about you because to be honest, sometimes we like you. Sometimes I like you, but sometimes you say and do some things on here that give me pause and make me wonder if I am the troll, or if you are the troll
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    His dying breath will not be how sorry he is to leave his wife or children, but it will be saved to insult Jiggit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Quote Originally Posted by tobio View Post
    well any pm is better than stephen harperHAHAHAHAHAHAHA F*CKING CANADIAN JOKE GET ON MY C*NTSUCKING LEVEL

​yeah okay bye im outta here
    Fixed that for you.

I regret everything.

Quote Originally Posted by tobio View Post
    edit: im sleep deprived and immediately regretted this post so bye bye it goes even though snow basically quoted it f*ck
    Fixed that one too.