Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

Default Re: Recent Moderation Standards Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones View Post
    Hey everybody. I had the first post in this "thread" and then it was moved. So i feel like i should chime in here.

(Snipped)
    Well stated, reasonable opinions, which I mostly agree with. Especially the "criminal accusations" part. Like I said before: offer proof (and alert the authorities) or cut it the hell out.
    ...because Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones View Post
    you are the troll
    Your perception of my responses toward osakavamp are a bit off; I certainly didn't do any "slut-shaming." As for the rest of it, well, yeah, some of it is legitimate criticism... but it's nothing that hasn't been said before--generally by Jiggit, and generally a bit more eloquently. You'll notice that I've been pretty well-behaved evar since summer vacation, but it doesn't matter, because this is a pile-on and that's just the way ITIL works. I continue to give greypist sh*t because he's done nothing but attack me since his perceived "win" in a disagreement with me, and it annoys me.

You'll notice I don't have a big pile of awards under my name? I did that, intentionally, in an effort to reduce my perceived representation of the site. I've also recruited new mods, encouraged our current mods to put me in my place when I get out of control, and, in the days since summer vacation, have substantially reduced my presence on this site in general. Most of the moderating I've been doing has gone unnoticed (which really is the way it should be), yet criticism has only increased.

Has it occurred to any of you arsehats that you may have already achieved the results you wanted and are now just b*tching for b*tching's sake?
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Words
    I wouldn't say it's a pile on, and I think Becky did actually raise some points that jiggit hasn't (to my knowledge, anyway), BUT I think the main thing is that you seem to coming at this from an odd angle. People are saying 'don't do bad modding things, don't go crazy with arguments, stop calling Greyjoy a rapist' and you're replying 'I'm not doing bad modding things, I'm trying to hold back on the arguments, and Greyjoy is a rapist I have a sense for these things'.

Do you not see how that might still be worthy of some attention? When a kitten triples itself in the guest bedroom you don't clear up the p*ss and sh*t but leave kitten puke everywhere and then walk out patting yourself on the back for doing a good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

All right, I'll drop it. Let's see what happens.
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by tobio View Post
    I regret everything.
    Don't steal my schtick.

Aimlessly wandering through this meandering existence.

Quote Originally Posted by tobio View Post
    I regret everything.
    Oh lawdy! Don't worry your sweet little cheeks off.. Word has been drawing the attention of all the try hards as of late. Your comments will go unnoticed, save a few comments from DogMan.

On a side note -
    See Jiggit, the ladies can't refuse me.

Ok guys, this is what's going to happen...

All word-bashing stops now. In fact, I'm bringing in a new site-wide rule. If you disagree with a moderation decision, you may use the contact us link at the bottom of the site and directly communicate with the site administrator. Public "mod bashing" is unacceptable and will be a bannable offence.

This rule is effective immediately.

For the record, I support word. The mod job is a thankless task. You can never please everyone - I know because I've been there and got the scars to prove it.

Anyway, if you want to complain, vent, discuss or whatever recent mod decisions / behaviour, report it to me using "Contact Us".

This is the end of this discussion.
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

When I logged in this morning and saw several posts from BB, my initial thought was along the lines of, "Oh, crap; I'm in trouble." That's pretty telling. I very much appreciate the unreserved support. It's also quite clear to me that I'm not especially innocent of wrongdoing. This recent kerfluffle has been a good wake-up call for me and I'll be trying to respond accordingly.

For those of you who've offered legitimate, constructive criticism of anything I've done, please rest assured that your responses have not fallen upon deaf ears.