Thread: Pension after leaving Japan

Default Pension after leaving Japan

So just got my first paycheck and my school admin worker was going over what was taken out. Which was extremely helpful.

However, when she began talking about the pension, that's where things got blurry.

So according to my pay slip, I am automatically deducted ¥37,856 towards my contribution to the national pension plan. Which in USD is around $378.

Assuming I stay for (2) years , I will have contributed $8,694.

How much of that lump sum, once I apply and leave japan, will I receive? The school admin gave me some chart and it was around $1,372. Am I to honestly believe that's how much I will be entitled to once I leave?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones
    you will soon learn... Imagine the worst people you knew in college. Now imagine them trying to continue their college life in another country, constantly talking shit about each other and their foreign country like it is shit... only to be the shittiest of the bunch.

now imagine the people who don't fit into that, and are actually shittier.... that is ITIL.

Default Re: Pension after leaving Japan

From Pension Refund - Akita Wiki

Q1
    . How much do I get refunded?
    A. The amount you are refunded is calculated by the following formula: Payment Amount = Your Average Standard Monthly Remuneration (ASR)x Your Multiplier.

Months paid Multiplier for final EPI coverage months between Sep. 2012 to Aug. 2014
    6-11 .5
    12-17 1
    18-23 1.5
    24-29 2.0
    30-35 2.5
    36+ 3.0

• Note that payments are calculated based on average gross monthly salary, so they will vary from person to person.

Default Re: Pension after leaving Japan

Thanks for the reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones
    you will soon learn... Imagine the worst people you knew in college. Now imagine them trying to continue their college life in another country, constantly talking shit about each other and their foreign country like it is shit... only to be the shittiest of the bunch.

now imagine the people who don't fit into that, and are actually shittier.... that is ITIL.