Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair Dyes

Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar

Default Re: Hair Dyes

My mother was apparently quite a fox back in the day, so who knows...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

I had my hair dyed a really natural auburn colour for my interview, which looked mostly brown (pretty much like my old JET Forum avatar). I only found out during my JTE's farewell speech that the two pieces of information that they first got about me was that I dye my hair red and that I like heavy metal music. They were apparently nervous about my arrival because of that. I guess some interviewers make some totally irrelevant notes.

Quote Originally Posted by tobio View Post
    Does having your hair dyed a really crazy colour affect you getting an interview or affect your chances during the interview? I was going to redye my hair but I'm having second thoughts if it means it will affect my application in any way.
    The thing to remember is that Japan is still a REALLY comservative country. I've known ALTs who get crap for having their black, naturally curly hair because it is 'a distraction', apparently. So I would make sure you re-dye closest to you natural color if all all possible. We're not talking about not offending Grandma, it's more like nothing that would be offending to Great-grandma.

Sorry for the late reply - been busy with school and work. I'll probably hold off on dying my hair again. It's not a huge deal to me so I'd rather go the safe route. Thanks again for the advice!

The interviews aren't for 5 months you know.
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.

Yeeeeeeeeeah but if I'm going to redye it I would want to maintain it and take care of the colours for a year. I'm fine with my natural colour, haha.