Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2015

Default Re: Aspiring Canadian JETs 2015

Hey Everyone,

I sent my application out a week early express post with tracking number. I know it's arrived, but I still don't have confirmation. I'm glad I'm not the only one that hasn't received anything, yet.

Oh thank god I'm not the only person pacing back and forth because I had not received confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alternate - Vancouver 2014
    ---
    Scummy re-applicant 2015!!!
    ---
    SHORT-LISTED

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Oh thank god I'm not the only person pacing back and forth because I had not received confirmation
    Yeah, It's hard to say when we will receive notice that they have received the applications. I'm guessing it probably won't be until either just before or just after Christmas.

I'm assuming everyone receives notification that they received their application in some way. Them informing applicants that they have received the application is not an indication of acceptance, but I think that's been mentioned already.

Quote Originally Posted by genkispirit View Post
    Yeah, It's hard to say when we will receive notice that they have received the applications. I'm guessing it probably won't be until either just before or just after Christmas.

I'm assuming everyone receives notification that they received their application in some way. Them informing applicants that they have received the application is not an indication of acceptance, but I think that's been mentioned already.
    I actually applied last year and received a notification that my application had been received within one week: "Thank you for applying to the JET Programme. We have received your application package. You will be notified of your application status by February."
    I emailed them yesterday and they said that they will send a confirmation when they process an application, which can take weeks from the deadline, due to the sheer amount of applications they received. Not sure if they're doing things differently this year, but my concern was that my application got lost in the mail, not that I thought that a confirmation was an indication of acceptance lol.
    Last edited by Alastor; December 4th, 2014 at 07:56.

I sent in my application before Halloween, and the Canada Post tracker shows me it was delivered, but I've yet to receive any confirmation from JET.

Just try to relax. It was delivered. The JET Desk is super busy. Give them time. And get used to long waits :/

Got notification via email that they've begun grading my package!

Quote Originally Posted by tobio View Post
    Got notification via email that they've begun grading my package!
    Me too !

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rain View Post
    I sent in my application before Halloween, and the Canada Post tracker shows me it was delivered, but I've yet to receive any confirmation from JET.
    From USA here, our deadline was earlier than yours and even now some of us have yet to receive the confirmation.

So don't worry if you haven't been confirmed yet .

Heck I sent it by FedEx, so I know they got it and even then, no confirmation letter yet.

Yep, it seems they're sending confirmation emails out now. We'll see in January then!

Yeah, I got mine too.
    If there are any other CIR applicants here, last year they actually interviewed me by phone before the January limit to check my Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnSwallow View Post
    Yep, it seems they're sending confirmation emails out now. We'll see in January then!

I got mine notifying that its being graded as well! Good luck everyone! Hope to see you guys in Japan

Got notification that mine was being graded yesterday morning. So it looks like the theory I'd had before was correct: it doesn't matter if you send it in early, because they won't start opening packages until after the deadline. Now I know for future reference (though hopefully I won't need it!).
    Now to focus on my current job and the holidays until January, when the panic begins anew.

Same here !

Anyone from Québec (or anyone who doesn't speak English as a first language) ? I can't be the only one !

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyGeek View Post
    Same here !

Anyone from Québec (or anyone who doesn't speak English as a first language) ? I can't be the only one !
    No you're not

Definitely not alone!

Hi there, everyone, I'm an applicant from Newfoundland and this is my first time applying to JET. I'm thankful I found this forum and good luck to everyone who is applying this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck to you too!

Thank you, AyaReiko. ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

Did everyone see that other countries' candidates are getting their interview information already? Who's excited and nervous?