Thread: New JET Program website for USA

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Default New JET Program website for USA

Hi everyone,

In case you don't already know, the website for the USA JET Program was updated yesterday.

I know many people always complained about the out dated nature of the old website, so you will be happy to know that we finally got approval to change it to look like our other consulate/embassy pages. We have a certain template and program we have to use, so we are still somewhat limited.

At any rate, the guidelines are up (we are still working on the application which I know was supposed to be up today, but there have been some glitches).

Hopefully the application will be up shortly as well. The deadline will be adjusted if necessary.

The official website of the JET Program USA

P.S. Don't forget to refresh your browser if the old page still comes up. Enjoy!

-MC

Default Re: New JET Program website for USA

Looking good! I'm glad they gave you approval to update it in the end.
    ...because Japan.

Just went to look at it and was surprised to see a different site. Thought I clicked the wrong link at first! Looks great I have to admit, a giant step up from the old one.

I went to see one of my letter of recommendation writers the other day and when she pulled up the site her first reaction was "This looks shady as hell..." haha. Was a long time coming it seems.

Hey mc, at least you're not using yahoo groups anymore, right?

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    Hey mc, at least you're not using yahoo groups anymore, right?
    Haha, i never used yahoo group personally, but i know other coordinators used it. Many used google groups as well, but the tokyo ban hammer came down on us and now that is blocked at all consulates. Last year a few of us tried private sub reddits, facebook groups, and i used a google site to.give everyone their documents. We are still trying to feel out whats best for everyone.

I'm really quite impressed; it looks good, seems quite professional, and is legitimately informative and helpful. Excellent work!
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Professional Fun Killer hypatia's Avatar

Default New JET Program website for USA

I almost cried tears of joy at the lack of papyrus and iframes in this website. Great job! It looks very clean and professional, and more in line with what the Canadian and UK sites look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    If you're expecting standards, you're in the wrong place.
    Quote Originally Posted by acpc2203 View Post
    The key to ALT work is to have 0 expectations and a terrible work ethic

Not quite sure how I feel about the top part spanning across the whole page. I kind of like margins and dead space on the sides of my webpages. Granted, the actual body of the page has that dead space, but I think it clashes a bit with the top part in this case.

I'm just being picky I guess ... Looks good!
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Well, It's not the Canadian JET website, but at least it doesn't look like it's as old as the JET programme is anymore :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

You can't really complain that last one looked like someone made it on AOL back in 96.
    Good job.
    Everything I have ever said was a lie, and that's the truth.