Thread: 1st, 2nd and 3rd person.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1st, 2nd and 3rd person.

My JTE has just asked for me to make a game for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd person to play with the first graders.

Does anyone have any ideas? For the 1st and maybe 2nd i could have pictures of Japanese celebs, but im struggling for the last. And how would i make it into a game rather than on the board work sheet?
    Thanks
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

Default Re: 1st, 2nd and 3rd person.

First, second and third person work similarly to Japanese demonstratives such as kore, sore, and are. If you involve the students spatially, it might be easier to help them catch on. I would imagine a situation in which they can interact with you and among themselves to demonstrate first and second person, while the celebrities can be used as examples of third person. Gesturing towards the given person would also help them retain the information. Ex. "MY name is ___. YOUR name is ___. HIS/HER name is ___."

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Default Re: 1st, 2nd and 3rd person.

dbw has it pretty much spot on. That's exactly how you do it.

It can be fun in a go around the circle game, where my name is X, your name (person beside) is Y, and his/her name( person beside them) is Z.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.