Thread: 2015 US Application Question

Default 2015 US Application Question

Hi there! Really glad I found this forum - it's extremely helpful to a first-time JET applicant like myself! Quick question concerning the US application - it looks like the online application portal still isn't open. Any word on when that's supposed to go live? Or maybe it's open somewhere on the website and I'm just making a huge oversight? I have every other piece of my application essentially finished at this point, so I just want double check and triple check that I'm not missing anything.

Thanks so much!

Default Re: 2015 US Application Question

The last information from Miamicoordinator:

Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    There is no word yet from DC. I know they are doing their best trying to figure out all the bugs on the application. The problem is, we receive the application in word format from Japan, then we need to submit that word document to a company we use who hosts the online application. Everything in a Japanese government office requires approval, so anytime changes are made, it needs to get signed off by a list of people then submitted to the hosting company. Last year the deadline was pushed back a week or so. There has been no word from DC on whether or not these technical difficulties will impact the due date. The reason why it may not pushed back too much is because Tokyo is requiring us to have the 1st stage review information done about a month earlier than previous years. If we push back the deadline too much, then we will not be able to meet that deadline.

The best thing to do is get all of the other required documentation so that all you need to do is fill out the application (which takes all of an hour honestly) and be ready to submit it. What takes long is getting everything else.

For right now, keep the 11/5 deadline in mind just in case it doesn't change. The last thing you want to happen is thinking you have more time than you actually do and not meeting the deadline.

I do apologize for all the delay in getting the application up.

-MC
    ...because Japan.

Default Re: 2015 US Application Question

It's up, good luck