Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clair Japanese Study course.

Default Re: Clair Japanese Study course.

Right on. Thanks.

And I don't think exchange groups and classes are useless, by any means. If you can sit down with someone and ask questions, and they're excited to answer, help, and practice, that's totally a good thing.
    車庫 B1F

Formal study always helps too. When I don't know a kanji or word, often times I'll end up asking one of the Japanese (kokugo) teachers if a JTE isn't around. Or I'll have to look it up myself. Usually I just ask by whoever doesn't look busy sitting closest to me.

Usually I freak out the teachers by not knowing some basic/simple kanji compound in comparison with being able to speak the language pretty well.

Is anyone taking a class this year? Apparently they changed it from the awful stuff last year and you can still register so I was wondering if it was any good.

i already declined a while ago lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    It could happen. 1/100.

It looks a lot nicer, but I haven't heard anybody screaming about it on the facebook page like last year.

Well i'd guess the enrollment is way down due to last year being awful.

Well I signed up for the late term one, the class is completely different from the one last year. Seems to do a much better job of explaining things.

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

Damn I wish I had signed up for it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

Having done about half the course I think it is pretty solid. The online textbook is pretty nice by itself but they also have videos for each grammar point explaining and giving examples (They also have a phone app). Uses way too much hiragana which is annoying but at least it isn't romaji I guess.

Finished the course a while back, might take the next level later this year but now have a nice system with a couple anki decks, slowly going through an intermediate textbook, and practicing writing kanji with those books for elementary schoolers.

Interesting, I'm using some old tri-lingual Kanzen master N3/N2 books. I wonder if I should sign up for the next one then.

Formerly the Hot One OatsCurrySummer's Avatar

This course is laughably easy, and it shouldn't be considering how shit my Japanese is. Am I really going to be able to take N3 after this?
    Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    That's the best thing about having books on your phone etc. You can read without having to be self-conscious of what you're reading
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    We're in a country where salarymen read doraemon on the train, I wouldn't worry either way.

Probably the N3 isn't really that hard.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

If it is laughably easy, welcome to the shit I opted out of when I was a JET.

It will be a cold day in hell when CLAIR gives JETs a reasonable Japanese learning program, as this is the group which has hindred English EDU for 70 years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.