Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Aspiring UK 2015 JETs

Default Re: Aspiring UK 2015 JETs

Pretty sure that went badly. I was way too nervous and it was obvious. Some of my answers were nonsensical and I made two stupid spelling errors on the grammar test due to the nerves.

Oh well, at least I can put it out of my mind.

Interview!
    Got a letter in the post, but no email - which is odd (I had an email before I got a letter last year).

Quote Originally Posted by AltDimension View Post
    Interview!
    Got a letter in the post, but no email - which is odd (I had an email before I got a letter last year).
    YES! It's messages like these that keep me hanging on! Haha.

Hopefully, if I didn't trounce my application, then I am still in with a chance of receiving an invite...

Cutting it fine though :S

Congratulations!

Anyone else have an interview Monday? I'll be finishing my prep soon, so any last words of advice?

Quote Originally Posted by enlight85 View Post
    YES! It's messages like these that keep me hanging on! Haha.

Hopefully, if I didn't trounce my application, then I am still in with a chance of receiving an invite...

Cutting it fine though :S

Congratulations!
    Thanks,

Hold on in there! We're only 3 weeks in of the 6 weeks of notifications.

I got my interview set up for Thursday 29th... got the letter yesterday. xD Pretty psyched.
    Just like a bunch of you guys, no e-mail but got a letter sent to both my Permanent Address and my Student Address. Though the student one came a day later.
    My dad opened the one at my permanent one, he's excited about having somewhere new to go on holiday.

I wasn't really all that sure I'd even get an interview as a final year student on a very unrelated BSc.

Well I got my rejection letter today. Guess the interac seminar on saturday is my last hope. Better make sure I know what to do.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzvi View Post
    Well I got my rejection letter today. Guess the interac seminar on saturday is my last hope. Better make sure I know what to do.
    Don't lose hope, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Sorry to hear that, Tzvi. Good luck with Interac!

I'm guessing they send out all the rejection letters at the end, so I'm expecting mine tomorrow I guess...

Thanks its more frustration than anything. i was an alternate last year but I have been so busy this year I had little time to improve my application, they may have thought it was too similar.

Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anakha3263 View Post
    I wasn't really all that sure I'd even get an interview as a final year student on a very unrelated BSc.
    How unrelated is very unrelated?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

Sorry to hear that, definitely the best of luck for the Interac seminar.

I still haven't heard anything so I don't know whether that is a good or a bad sign yet.

Thanks its more frustration than anything. i was an alternate last year but I have been so busy this year I had little time to improve my application, they may have thought it was too similar.
    Hey, at least you know, and you still have a really positive opportunity with Interac so all the best there!

No news is good news on my end, so far. But definitely wish I'd hear either way - haha.

Still, now you can relax this weekend?!

Deleted

Still no response on my end either, good luck with Interac Tzvi - I may be boarding that train too if JET don't relish the chance to snap me up! No way in heck will I be waiting a year to try again for JET! They can shove it.

I'm sure your interview went fine Lorenzo and congratulations with the interview Alt, although it's funny you got it the same time you did last year. Some coincidence!

All of us who had interviews seem to be expressing disappointment in how they turned out, so take that as a good sign that it's normal to feel that!

For those of you who haven't heard anything yet, there's still plenty of time. Take this moment to practice being British ambassadors by practising to keep your chin up and maintaining a stiff upper lip. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    Pretty sure that went badly. I was way too nervous and it was obvious. Some of my answers were nonsensical and I made two stupid spelling errors on the grammar test due to the nerves.

Oh well, at least I can put it out of my mind.
    I doubt it could have gone worse than mine, if that makes you feel any better

I think it's the waiting until April that makes the whole deal harder. For the most part it is on the back of my mind, however when I do remember about the interview and how bad it went I just wish I could know now.

Don't lose hope guys..I hope you hear either way soon so that you can prepare, or make alternative plans. The worst is definitely waiting for some kind of answer. And at least there are plenty of other ways, and advice, on how to look into things other than JET.

Im trying to not overload on practicing but it's hard to not think about it approaching. Then it's the long wait for interview results.

Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleJustSaySnow View Post
    How unrelated is very unrelated?
    BSc Computer Games Development. Covers Software Engineering, Web Development... all sorts. So I have lots of backup plans at least.

BSc Computer Games Development. Covers Software Engineering, Web Development... all sorts. So I have lots of backup plans at least.
    I done games programming at uni and I got an interview, although I have done a lot of stuff Japanese culture related outside of my profession.

If you have Japanese language ability, there are a good number of software dev jobs (as well as general IT jobs) available in Japan. So if you get into JET or go Interac, you might be able to find a position in Japan in your actual field...

As opposed to the real useless degrees...