Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Aspiring UK 2015 JETs

Default Re: Aspiring UK 2015 JETs

Quote Originally Posted by Rmtcts View Post
    Especially worrying as last year all of the shortlists seem to have got their post on the same day, then the day after all of the alternates received the letter, and the day after that it was the ones with rejection letters.
    From the JET twitter feed: "Interview result notification letters have now been sent to the permanent and temporary addresses of all applicants who were interviewed."

Which I'm *hoping* means all results have been sent out by today. Meaning if you don't receive a letter today it doesn't necessitate you're an alternate/reject, but rather your local postal service is being a bit slower than other people's.
    Last edited by OtherPulse; April 1st, 2015 at 21:22.

Anyone got a letter in Scotland yet?

I'm hoping for good news! I'm sure guys will fare well

I've been shortlisted. Whoop Whoop! Time to do all the long and tedious form filling!

Finally decided to join the forum... And what to a time to join, too.

Congrats on those who have been shortlisted! My post has already been and gone today and nothing arrived from JET, so I'll be staring out the window like a dog for the rest of the week!

Good luck to those who are still waiting!

I have a strange feeling all shortlists were sent on Monday, alternates on Tuesday and rejections today. Pessimist here.

Same, that's how it was last year. The twitter says if anyone doesn't get a letter by Friday you can email them to find out. Unfortunately I didn't get a letter so I'm expecting alternate or rejection.

Mine was postmarked yesterday and I was shortlisted. I think ultimately a lot of results will just be stuck at post depots around the country and they'll come through over the next few days. Dont panic!
    Last edited by Tomonster; April 1st, 2015 at 22:20.

Yeah I don't trust the RM, but I live about 10 minutes from the embassy so they couldn't mess something up that badly. Will assume the worst unless I hear otherwise!

Why can't they just email instead like every other normal country x_x .

True, but if they were sent at the same time you'd expect to hear of some people who got alternate or rejected, but today we've only heard from shortlisted people.

I'll stay pessimistic, but its always a possibility no one wants to be the first person to announce bad news :r .

Good luck Rmtcts, hopefully it's all random and we all get through!

People who get alternate/rejected are less likely to post about it. It was like this on the US thread and it took a while for someone to have the courage to say they were an alternate. Besides if you are on ITIL you have a far greater chance of being accepted

When I got my interview notification, it arrived at my home address a day before my temporary address, and my temporary one is closer to London. I'm not sure how that happened, but don't give up hope - delays are possible/there's no guarantee that the results were staggered. I've got my fingers crossed for you guys!

I got the big envelope! Shortlisted!
    Last edited by Frap; April 8th, 2015 at 08:49.

Did all you lovely people who have had their letters interview at London or Edinburgh? Also to those who have made it ganbare!

Post has been and gone. No letter. Another day of waiting. I'm gonna go crazy.

I really hope the idea that they're sending shortlisted candidates letters first isn't true. Let's pin our hopes on the fact that Royal Mail is awful.. It's all we can do

I don't think I'll be getting anything today. In fact I haven't received ANY post today. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tomonster View Post
    Mine was postmarked yesterday and I was shortlisted. I think ultimately a lot of results will just be stuck at post depots around the country and they'll come through over the next few days. Dont panic!
    Your post gives me hope. Here's to better results tomorrow for all of us waiting!

Letter came through - Shortlisted!

Worth mentioning that it arrived to my permanent address and I haven't had the letter to my temporary address.

Congratulations to everyone. Does anyone know exactly why the UK still sticks to the postal system? Seems like cruel and unusual punishment considering the electronic age we live in, or maybe they're just in keeping with Japanese bureaucracy.

On another note, I know 5 people who've applied this year on my course, 3 CIRs and 2 ALTs, and so far only one ALT has heard. I'd expect at least 2 of us to get something considering we're usually good at getting in and our head of year is a former JET boss, so if anyone hasn't heard back yet, don't lose heart.
    Last edited by RainKing; April 2nd, 2015 at 03:18. Reason: dun goofd with numbers