Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Aspiring UK 2015 JETs

Default Re: Aspiring UK 2015 JETs

I'm out of town from today and my parents won't be around to check for me until tomorrow night... the result could be sitting in my hall right now and I have no way of knowing! I'm dying!!

My girlfriend just found out and she got in! Unbelievably happy right now. I haven't heard back myself, but if I do get it I've already decided to reject the position (I have something else I prefer in Japan) and so one of you alternates should be upgraded instantly .

Pls say you're CIR 'cause I need all the help I can get right now

Sorry .

Quote Originally Posted by Viral View Post
    My girlfriend just found out and she got in! Unbelievably happy right now. I haven't heard back myself, but if I do get it I've already decided to reject the position (I have something else I prefer in Japan) and so one of you alternates should be upgraded instantly .
    The gf here
    Nice to meet you all properly I guess I'm about to get more active on here! As I said earlier on the Facebook page, try not to panic too much if you didn't hear anything today, I haven't received the letter at my temporary accommodation yet, but my Dad received it at home and told me the good news. Wishing everyone all the best for your results!

Got my letter today, unfortunately it was a rejection. If anyone's left without a letter today then the twitter says to email them to find out. Best of luck to everybody else.

Got my rejection letter too. Absolutely gutted and angry.

Also received a rejection letter today. I'm very gutted, but we should let it motivate us to pursue alternative ways of getting there. That's what I plan on doing. Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Really does seem like they sent them out in batches of shortlists, alternates and rejections. Got my rejection this morning also. Not really that surprised or angry though. I royally cocked up the interview

Haven't heard of anyone getting alternate yet, oddly enough.
    Sorry to hear about the interview, good to know you have something to work on if you want to apply again.

In Fleetwood (near Blackpool) UK and I haven't heard a thing! If thats good or bad I don't really know.

'Applicants who have not received their interview result letters by Friday, 10th April are advised to email the JET Desk for their results.', from the JET UK twitter.

I don't see where you're getting by today?

Hi Callum, I'm in Hambleton and I got my rejection today.

Ah, I misread it as this Friday, which is a bank holiday. Never mind then.

Commiserations to anyone rejected, is it a definite that the letters have been sent in batches?

Not yet, probably best to not make any assumptions until you get your letter (which on a side note is depressingly thin as it's just one sheet of paper. I don't have the key for my mail box and was feeling awfully dejected when I basically knew I was rejected but I still had to claw it out the slit in the top with a knife and a spatula).

Rejection. Strangely feels fine, I guess my heart wasn't really in it (waiting on some other interview results)

Good luck everyone!

ps: for your info, the letter arrived at my permanent address in Wales today but I haven't yet received it at my temporary address in Scotland.

I suppose it might be possible that its done via permanent and temporary addresses perhaps? Im sorry you got rejected, do you plan on applying again?

Sorry Callum, the batches was just a suggestion. Definitely no strong evidence to back it up. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

No worries man, all the best for whatever you may decide