Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Statement of Purpose thread: advice and people who are willing to proofread

Default Re: Statement of Purpose thread: advice and people who are willing to proofread

Sorry for being late to the club as well, but is anyone still willing to look over my SOP? Thanks in advanced.

Default Re: Statement of Purpose thread: advice and people who are willing to proofread

Sorry for being late as well! I applied last year and didn't make it to the interview, so I have been freaking out over changing my approach to this year's SoP for a while. Anyone who is still willing to read SoPs would be greatly appreciated

I have a nitpicky SOP question. Do we need a centered title on there? As in...

Statement of Purpose

Text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text ...
    I'm trying to save space because I am right at the 2-page limit and I don't see anything in the JET instructions about including a title (just page number headers, margins, font, etc).

Thanks!
    ドキドキ

Quote Originally Posted by hello_kupo View Post
    I have a nitpicky SOP question. Do we need a centered title on there? As in...

I'm trying to save space because I am right at the 2-page limit and I don't see anything in the JET instructions about including a title (just page number headers, margins, font, etc).

Thanks!
    You don't need it, but with 1inch margins it won't add anything to the length.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Hi everyone! I'm looking for someone to proofread my Statement of Purpose and send me feedback within the next 24 hours (1:20 A.M. EST). Please reply to this post or PM me and I'll send it to you ASAP. Thank you so much for your help in advance!

Hey everyone, I'm about to send off my (UK) application form (pre-personal statement) and would be grateful if someone could go over my answers to the 2 main 'questions' asked on the application form, as there's no guideline or word limit for them so I have no idea if what I have written is too long/ short, or even makes sense :S . I would be very grateful .

Sorry for the double post, but I've now finished my draft of my SoP (well, personal statement) and would be really grateful if someone could read over it for me. Please message me .

Hello! I hope your summer is going well. I know its only August. I know that the 2016 app isn't even out yet. I know I am starting this early. Despite all that, I have an SOP rough draft ready for brutal and uncaring eyes to look over.

If anyone is willing (I am not above bribing someone for help haha) would you please let me know?

So, anyone want to crush this aspiring ALT's dreams?
    I want a giant robot.....

Quote Originally Posted by MinisterDM View Post
    Hello! I hope your summer is going well. I know its only August. I know that the 2016 app isn't even out yet. I know I am starting this early. Despite all that, I have an SOP rough draft ready for brutal and uncaring eyes to look over.

If anyone is willing (I am not above bribing someone for help haha) would you please let me know?

So, anyone want to crush this aspiring ALT's dreams?

Please PM so that we can exchange contact info. Also tell me a little bit about yourself outside of the confines of the essay so that I can get an idea of where you are coming from with this essay.

Please PM me

Well got feedback from Ace. It hurt so good and I am now revising. Any takers for reading/commenting on my second draft?
    I want a giant robot.....

Default Re: SOP review

Hello! I've just finished a fairly rough first draft of my SoP and would be very grateful if somebody could have a look at it for me. Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Both of y'all could throw it over to me if you'd like. I'm a published writer... technically.
    車庫 B1F

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BifCarbet View Post
    Both of y'all could throw it over to me if you'd like. I'm a published writer... technically.
    Ohhh written anything good?

Hello everyone!

I applied to the JET Program in 2014 and was lucky enough to get an alternate position. Ultimately, however, I was not chosen. I have decided to re-apply again for the 2016-2017 cycle and am requesting your help. I have also decided to completely re-write my SOP and currently have a rough draft. If anyone is willing to review my draft, I would truly appreciate it! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    Ohhh written anything good?
    Kind of, I guess. I feel like if I even hint at what it was, Ini will smell blood.
    車庫 B1F

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Kind of, I guess. I feel like if I even hint at what it was, Ini will smell blood.
    You can't tease a guy like this and then leave him in the dust.

At least a PM with the hint?

Quote Originally Posted by sparrosd View Post
    Hello everyone!

I applied to the JET Program in 2014 and was lucky enough to get an alternate position. Ultimately, however, I was not chosen. I have decided to re-apply again for the 2016-2017 cycle and am requesting your help. I have also decided to completely re-write my SOP and currently have a rough draft. If anyone is willing to review my draft, I would truly appreciate it! Thank you.
    I'd be willing to take a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Frigga please.
    RIP Virgil of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Gross. I hate people and their sexy times.

He'll just assume it is your menses. Have at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    I'd be willing to take a look.
    Thank you very much! I will PM you

Quote Originally Posted by sparrosd View Post
    Hello everyone!

You sound like a good kid so I'm going to give you some advice. Don't wait up for JET. Don't put your life on hold for JET. Apply somewhere else. Go out there and start making things happen. Many people are willing to hire you as soon as yesterday. Are you using this open time in which you haven't been getting hired to practice Japanese? Are you volunteering? Have been saving up money? There are things you can while waiting that will position yourself for success in the future. JET applications take a long time(too long in my opinion) and you could already be in Japan by the time they even start looking at that application. Look at Korea, look at Taiwan, look at China. Start looking to get in somewhere and make some money(while working in Asia), and then you can laterally move later. No reason to sit on your hands waiting for JET. Money is out there to be made, connections too. It's about who you know. 1 year in Korea will get you more connections to work in Japan(as long as you hang out at the expat bars) than 5 years in your home country applying to JET. Good luck brother. You'll make it.