Thread: Printing submitted application - Am I missing something?

Default Printing submitted application - Am I missing something?

So I just completed the online application and submitted it. I then click on "PRINT FORMS" and "Adobe Acrobat PDF" and it keeps showing the applicant copy. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are we supposed to be sending in the application with the words "applicant copy" splayed across every page?
    Last edited by Antonath; October 29th, 2014 at 01:55.

Default Re: Printing submitted application - Am I missing something?

That's what I did....

Thanks for the reply. That's what it seems like we're supposed to do. It just seems weird to have to mail the physical application that way.

I was about to say, damn lurking on here after I've already sent my application is making my stomach sick one too many times! Lol

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krayziesensei View Post
    So I just completed the online application and submitted it. I then click on "PRINT FORMS" and "Adobe Acrobat PDF" and it keeps showing the applicant copy. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are we supposed to be sending in the application with the words "applicant copy" splayed across every page?
    Straight from the JET USA Webpage:

"After you submit your application and print the PDF, a faint watermark "Applicant Copy" may appear. If the watermark does not appear, it may simply be too faint to appear with your printer settings. Be sure to sign and date on the last page of the application, then make photocopies so that all sets show your signature and date. Failure to do so may disqualify your application."
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    Straight from the JET USA Webpage:

"After you submit your application and print the PDF, a faint watermark "Applicant Copy" may appear. If the watermark does not appear, it may simply be too faint to appear with your printer settings. Be sure to sign and date on the last page of the application, then make photocopies so that all sets show your signature and date. Failure to do so may disqualify your application."
    Thank you! Very helpful as always!

I'm printing the app right now and am just waiting on my second reference letter. As soon as I get that, I'll be sending in my app.

FWIW, I also think it's confusing that the PDF says "Applicant Copy" on it. Pretty sure it's something Tokyo has set up that we can't change.