Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Interac Spring 2015 Candidates

Default Re: Interac Spring 2015 Candidates

no problem. again though, a good degree of skepticism is still good... there are still plenty of very dense, foliated mountains and areas near there that have issues with certain isotopes NOT getting caught in run off. These sorts of areas are still pretty crazy radioactive, but no where that a normal person would be trekking. The risks that are still present are these sorts of areas eventually having a heavy runoff (given a real good storm, a tsunami perhaps) that will throw the isotope into a previously clean or cleared area.

It was no Chernobyl. Have fun with your placement

Thanks for all the info gibbity! It's very much appreciated!

Apart from the reactor buildings there are no areas in Fukushima that are "crazy radioactive"
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Ini is lying, we're just trying to keep all these sweet radiation mutations to ourselves. I have three dicks already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    Ini is lying, we're just trying to keep all these sweet radiation mutations to ourselves. I have three dicks already.
    Not a mutation if they belonged to dead hookers.
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

I've grown eye out of the back of my head. Isn't that new horror film based in Fukushima? The one with the hand eye stalk thing?
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

Quote Originally Posted by sharpinthefang View Post
    I've grown eye out of the back of my head. Isn't that new horror film based in Fukushima? The one with the hand eye stalk thing?
    Parasyte is hardly a 'new' franchise - it ran 1990-1995. And no, sadly it's based in Tokyo.

Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    Parasyte is hardly a 'new' franchise - it ran 1990-1995. And no, sadly it's based in Tokyo.
    Ah, that I didn't know. I tend to stay away from Japanese 'horror'.

shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

One of my students has a voice that sounds like it was put through whatever distortion effect they used for the exorcist. Creeps me the fuck out.

Haha maybe there's some crazy Japanese hentai that'll pay loads for that! Just a thought...

No, do not get him started...

No!!!......

Damn demo lesson is giving me fits. Be original or just stick to the fricken script. Did everyone pretty much just copy the videos word for word?
    Took the road less traveled. . .now I don't know where the hell I am.

Yes, they expect you to do that.

The impression from training was that you have to copy, copy, copy. They want it a certain way and they want you not to question.
    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.

Will do! It felt weird doing it, but at least now I can just focus on the delivery and not on trying to make it special. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, it's the same as most jobs now, no original thought, just follow what HO believes will work as the ones who design the program have never had to use it in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekelly View Post
    Yes, they expect you to do that.

The impression from training was that you have to copy, copy, copy. They want it a certain way and they want you not to question.
    Is that the same for when you're on the actual job then? I understand why they want people to do it how they want, as they 'know it works', but I enjoyed making the demo lesson original. Don't want to lose my job over it though...

ES or JH? ES you're on your own for lessons, and so having a little creativity goes a long way. JH you're likely going to be a tape recorder, so it doesn't matter.

But as far as the actual training week goes, C.O.P.Y. Everyone will fail their evaluation (I don't know anyone from my group who "passed"), so it's best to focus on pleasing.

But do be creative once you escape their watching eye. As stressing as planning my six or so ES lessons were, I kind of enjoyed them (the 1st grade class of four little girls was fun). They provide the lessons, but they're all geared for classes of at least 20 and they make the assumption that the kids know some english. Not true in the Ibaraki sticks.
    Beaming down a rainbow into a San Francisco apparently inhabited exclusively by The Village People? It really says it all about Star Trek, imho.

The most creativity i ever get is designing the games and work sheets (I'm JHS).
    However, the between the school and the company they have managed to lose every bit of paper work I am required to send in for last month. And they are trying to blame it on me...

Driving to Chicago today for the seminar tomorrow. I'm ready to copy, copy, and copy some more. I focused so much on the demo lesson (Can't get that sucker under 6 min.) that I completely forgot about the individual interview. Any hints to what they'll grill me on?

Standard interview stuff. Why you want to go, how long you want to stay, how do you handle stressful events, etc. Basically to gauge if you're going to be a runner or a lifer (which they don't want).