Thread: Receiving your self addressed stamped envelope?

Default Receiving your self addressed stamped envelope?

Hi all,

Let me just start off with a congratulations to everyone who applied to JET this year! Ideally, I hope we all get the position we are applying for!

Now, for my question. When we receive our letters back from our application does that mean our application has been fully evaluated? That, at that point in time, we (technically) have been decided on as to whether we got the interview or not?

- Thank you!

Default Re: Receiving your self addressed stamped envelope?

You receive your letters back when the office begins to process your paperwork, not when it finishes. You can receive a letter for an application that you turned in, even if that application was incomplete and instantly disqualified. All it tells you is that it was received by the office and is about to be looked at. It also has your Application # which will be used when we announce who receives an interview. That announcement will be a list of all the numbers that received the interviews hosted on the website. If your Application # matches a number on that list, then you have received an interview and can expect to get an email from your local JET Program Coordinator within a week's time.

Note that the letter may take some time to arrive. People who turned their packet in early received their letters quickly because there were not many applications for the review staff to go through. Since most people submit their packets during the last week the amount of packets and time it will take to go through them increases exponentially. If you turned in your packet within the last two weeks or so you can expect to get the letter sometime probably around mid-December.

Quote Originally Posted by JET ProgramCoordinator SF View Post
    You receive your letters back when the office begins to process your paperwork, not when it finishes. You can receive a letter for an application that you turned in, even if that application was incomplete and instantly disqualified. All it tells you is that it was received by the office and is about to be looked at. It also has your Application # which will be used when we announce who receives an interview. That announcement will be a list of all the numbers that received the interviews hosted on the website. If your Application # matches a number on that list, then you have received an interview and can expect to get an email from your local JET Program Coordinator within a week's time.

Note that the letter may take some time to arrive. People who turned their packet in early received their letters quickly because there were not many applications for the review staff to go through. Since most people submit their packets during the last week the amount of packets and time it will take to go through them increases exponentially. If you turned in your packet within the last two weeks or so you can expect to get the letter sometime probably around mid-December.
    Thank you! Just confused about what the letter meant in terms of the decision-making process.

Absolutely nothing, hence why they also suggest a postcard to send back to yourself. I sent a nice one of the local lighthouse as that's what was floating around the house.
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

I didn't know anything about a postcard, that sounds cute! I would have sent something charming and local to brighten the person's day.