Thread: Does it matter if I have two references from the same company?

Default Does it matter if I have two references from the same company?

I have two references from two separate people who have managed me at my current company. Is it going to be a problem for JET? Should I seek a reference from a previous company I worked for?

Default Re: Does it matter if I have two references from the same company?

I had two from the same company, and I got in (UK ALT). As long as both references have managed you and can write regarding your suitability for the role, it should be fine.
    ...because Japan.

No, it doesn't matter.

Thank you both.

I struggled to get one employer to do mine. When I asked for the reference they said fine. When I explained that they had to send it to me, they accused me of being up to no good. Had to sit them down and show them the website, talk them through it. They still weren't convinced. I was close to giving them the number for the Embassy and asking if they'd believe them.

Fortunately someone else offered to do it for me in the end.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

I'm pretty sure the document explicitly states you have to hand it to the applicant.

Unless they thought you falsified that, I'm pretty sure they were messing with you.

And if they really thought you were up to no good, then I wouldn't use that person as a reference, seeing as they probably don't hold you to a high regard.

Phew! Good news both of my references are from my current job but one from my new manager after a promotion.. Was hoping that would be okay but glad to have it confirmed.

Also I would agree - if they legitimately believed you were doing something wrong I would not expect their reference to be very good for you!