Thread: Happy to go in April - but no Certificate of Health ready

Default Happy to go in April - but no Certificate of Health ready

I'm happy to go to Japan in April, so I'd like to tick "Yes" to that question, but it has a note:

"If yes, please submit your Criminal Record and Certificate of Health to the Embassy or Consulate General at the time of application"

I don't have a Certificate of Health. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get one, as the website says: "Specific information regarding the Certificate of Health will be sent to candidates following confirmation of their successful application."

If I tick yes and don't submit a Certificate of Health, will my application be disqualified? Is it safer to select "No"?

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Default Re: Happy to go in April - but no Certificate of Health ready

Quote Originally Posted by prazza View Post
    I'm happy to go to Japan in April, so I'd like to tick "Yes" to that question, but it has a note:

"If yes, please submit your Criminal Record and Certificate of Health to the Embassy or Consulate General at the time of application"

I don't have a Certificate of Health. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get one, as the website says: "Specific information regarding the Certificate of Health will be sent to candidates following confirmation of their successful application."

If I tick yes and don't submit a Certificate of Health, will my application be disqualified? Is it safer to select "No"?
    If you mark yes for early departure but do not have all of the extra requirements(fbi report and cert of health) your application will not be disqualified. It will just be put in the regular departure pile.

For u.s. applications, the embassy has given early departure applicants until jan 31 to submit their extra documents. Please check if your country has a similar extension.
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

Thank you very much.

Prazza, what country are you applying from? It would probably be best to contact the embassy directly with that question.
    Last edited by therealwindycity; November 19th, 2014 at 21:35.