Thread: Statement of Purpose Length

Default Statement of Purpose Length

Hey guys,

So I've been working endlessly on my SoP for the past week and after numerous edits, it is finally ready.
    On Microsoft Word, with default margins and Times New Roman size 12 font and double spaced, my essay is
    exactly 2 pages, with room left for one more line (Word count: 757). When I paste it into the box given by the online application,
    the preview shows me 3 pages with 4 lines worth of material on the 3rd page. Can I just go ahead and submit this
    or will they actually throw that third page in the garbage without reading it? Please let me know, thanks.
    Last edited by YeezyMode; November 21st, 2014 at 11:01.

Default Re: Statement of Purpose Length

Do you really want to risk it over four lines of material? If you're a Canadian applicant it says that they'll disqualify any SOP that exceeds 2 pages so I would cut it down to meet the preview shown on the site because that's what you'll be printing out and mailing.

The four lines are quite important but yeah, I get your point. I forgot that the printed copy would be what comes out of the online editor. Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by YeezyMode; November 21st, 2014 at 11:29.

Banned

Is this Canadian specific? Last year there was no box on the application to put in your sop on the American application. It seems like an unnecessary hassle in an application already barely held together by an uncountable number of unnecessary hassles.

What do the instructions say? Follow the instructions.
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...