Thread: A different kind of JET interview...

Default A different kind of JET interview...

One of our members, michsas, got in contact with me recently to do an interview of my experience on the JET programme. You'll find it at JET Spotlight: Meet Paul | JET Program Dekita: How to Get into the Most Competitive English Teaching Program in Japan

Check out her site, JET Programme Dekita, at JET Program Dekita: How to Get into the Most Competitive English Teaching Program in Japan. You'll find details about the JET programme, and some tips about the applying process.

Thanks michsas!
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Default Re: A different kind of JET interview...

And where is my interview?!??
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

He tries going to Japan every two years to see friends and his Japanese in-laws.
    I "tries" speaking English when dealing with ALTs.......
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

There, there, ini. I'm sure if you asked nicely you could be interviewed too!
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

People pay for my advice these days but here is a freebie - when you are sat at home in your pants with your cock in your hand grammar isn't a big deal. If you are putting your name to something maybe sober up and run a spell check.

Not seeing any spelling mistakes Ini ?

Shush, its better business if we stem the tide of ALTs and encourage BOEs to hire local part time Japanese natives with basic English to be AFTs while increasing HRT training. (That's between you and me, don't tell anyone)

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Did you ever meet your pen pals?

It's a little weird reading about "The Baron" as a living, breathing person, but an interesting read none the less.

Thanks for sharing .

By the way, do we actually have 8000 members, or were you just showing off?

Cause if so, there's a lot more lurkers than I realized.

Yea I met a few and married my first pen pal!

8000 is correct but as you say quite a few are lurkers and some are bot registrations. But the large majority are real members!

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Baron View Post
    Yea I met a few and married my first pen pal!
    That's actually kind of sweet/romantic.

See? That's something you could have mentioned in the interview, draws people in!

That's true Ah well, you're privileged by reading it here first!

Great interview! I enjoyed it.

Yeah, definitely interesting. Good stuff.

Agreed interesting interview and hope to see that feature continued!