Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Elem. School Books Next Year?

Default Re: New Elem. School Books Next Year?

Giz, I always found the required vocabulary requirements to be pretty clear. The grammar requirements are clear enough, too, I guess, but they often result in high school students writing the sort of crap I had to wade through today.

"I like the bicycle which is red."
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    Giz, I always found the required vocabulary requirements to be pretty clear. The grammar requirements are clear enough, too, I guess, but they often result in high school students writing the sort of crap I had to wade through today.

Are they clear? I remember vague crap like 800 words by shs, but no definition what a word is (is unable and able different words?) and what those words should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

The 3 BOEs I've been at this week are all in the process of ordering their copies of Hi friends for next year.....
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post

I wonder if all the textbooks for jhs teach "which" incorrectly and leave the mess for high school to clean up. When I told my teacher that our book was wrong, and explained the difference between which and that, she said she had never heard such a distinction. I don't know if she didn't believe me or just didn't feel like reteaching it right before exams, but it was still on the exam which was last week.

Banned

Yes

That's enough confirmation for me. Thanks Ini.
    The stuff JET wants you to know, but can't actually tell you.
    www.ALTInsider.com