Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recontracting

Default Re: Recontracting

I received the recontracting packet a while ago as well. Haven't heard anything of it nor have I asked or been asked. I know I'm not going to recontract, and I'm just wondering if I should tell my BOE that in advance. I'm not sure if they have the expectation of me recontracting or not, but I would like to let them know to clear the air just in case they think I am recontracting.

That bit about the flight back being paid for late arrivals is also something I'm curious about.
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itsabird View Post
    I know I'm not going to recontract
    Are you staying in Japan?

Or is this your way of saying goodbye?

I received the recontracting packet a while ago as well. Haven't heard anything of it nor have I asked or been asked. I know I'm not going to recontract, and I'm just wondering if I should tell my BOE that in advance. I'm not sure if they have the expectation of me recontracting or not, but I would like to let them know to clear the air just in case they think I am recontracting.

That bit about the flight back being paid for late arrivals is also something I'm curious about.
    Leaving so soon? I was going to come down and annoy you.
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

I received the recontracting packet a while ago as well. Haven't heard anything of it nor have I asked or been asked. I know I'm not going to recontract, and I'm just wondering if I should tell my BOE that in advance. I'm not sure if they have the expectation of me re-contracting or not, but I would like to let them know to clear the air just in case they think I am recontracting.

Number 1 thing to do is to talk to your supervisor at the BoE either way. Let them know if you want to stay/go. As long as you don't break contract, your flight back whence you came should be paid for (as a JET.) At least in my town, they only give me the re-contracting paperwork after I've completed the 'self-evaluation' form. Then they call me to the BoE, give me the paperwork, ask me if I want to stay (verbally) and let me take the paperwork and go. In and out in 10 minutes or less, (unless the BoE chairman wants to talk at me - he seems to enjoy 'shooting the shit.')