Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borderlink?

Banned

Default Borderlink?

Hi,

I see lots of threads about JET and Interac but is there anyone applying to/currently working for borderlink here?

Default Re: Borderlink?

You managed to post then.
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

Banned

Yes! I posted this a few hours ago but it magically just arrived!

Well, it pays a bit less than Interac apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by King Creamsoda View Post
    Yes! I posted this a few hours ago but it magically just arrived!
    Welcome!

I think new posters have to have their posts approved by mods before they show up. Prevents spam, I believe.

Never personally met a Borderlink employee, but the secondhand things I've heard have been less than stellar. Really, though, once you get here, if you don't like it you can jump ship to a different company anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Ghost of Ecru SomePeopleJustSaySnow's Avatar

A very good point. You never really know what you're getting yourself into, but it is important to remember that it's just a job - jobs can change.
    Old Snow wouldn't have said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

Banned

Yikes!!! Does anyone have any examples of these horror stories? I tried for JET last year but didnt get an interview and the people at Interac weren't too enthusiastic either so this feels like my last chance to get to Japan! LOL!

... Holiday?
    You are like the secret boss battle they only advertised back when the game was being developed.

The usual: underpaid, pay not quite as promised, irregular work. Complaints you'd have about most dispatch companies.

Like I said, if you find yourself in a bad situation, you can change out companies easily enough.
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

U da real mvp.

Banned

Well the pay cant be worse than what I get now! LOL!

I'm sure it'll be fine, I can deal with a few little annoyances. I was worried it would be like those places in China you read about where they confiscate your passport and stuff! Scary!!

Ini probably knows more about the dispatch companies than any of us, but he'll be indisposed for a while more.

U da real mvp.

I'm sure he'll be a veritable ray of sunshine on his return though.

Why do you want to work abroad, Creamsofa?

Banned

Do you have to get to japan this year? Are you dying?

If you didn't get the interview for JET last year, did you not think to do anything to improve yourself this year? Did you even apply for JET again this year?

Banned

Default Borderlink?

Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleJustSaySnow View Post
    Why do you want to work abroad, Creamsofa?
    Stick to your own schtick, SomePeopleJustSaySnow.
    Last edited by greyjoy; December 19th, 2014 at 10:10.

Quote Originally Posted by greyjoy View Post
    Stick to your own schtick, SomePeopleJustSaySnow.
    I got there first, Calvin!

Banned

I just need to break out of the rut I've fallen into and want to experience living in Japan for a few years. JET and Interac were looking for people with years of teaching experience as far as I could tell. I'm not looking to become a full time teacher or anything so Borderlink seemed better than wasting time doing a TEFL or whatever.

Meh, fair enough. What kind of experience are you looking for, though? And whether you want to pursue teaching or not, do you think that you would actually enjoy it?

Banned

I know a few jets here with some small teaching experience. Most of them are like me though, and had virtually none. A lot of kids are hired straight out of university, and if they have any experience it's as assistants. That's all they're hiring for anyway. Of course it doesn't hurt to put in a few hours tutoring English or training in your current industry. Obviously something was lacking if you didn't get the interview. But don't feel like you have to be on a teaching path to get in.

Sorry this isn't information about what you're asking about, but it just seems like if you're not qualified enough for certain programs, you shouldn't really be looking for a lower bar to clear, but for something to help you improve so you can actually get a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by King Creamsoda View Post
    I just need to break out of the rut I've fallen into and want to experience living in Japan for a few years. JET and Interac were looking for people with years of teaching experience as far as I could tell. I'm not looking to become a full time teacher or anything so Borderlink seemed better than wasting time doing a TEFL or whatever.
    I'm a straight out of Uni girl who has had little experience in tutoring students as well as leading a scout troop for a few years. See if you can improve on those things. With Interac, did you put in placement requests? If so, are you sure you have to go there.
    I know a few people leaving my area this spring, maybe you could suggest there.
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...