Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

  1. #1

    Default Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it!

    I feel horrible! Everything else was spotless, and i forgot one freaking word.

    Has this happened to anyone else? I read that during the interview if you make it they might bring up grammar mistakes in you made on your application. ..
    Last edited by WonderingUnicorn; January 8th, 2015 at 23:57.

  2. #2
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderingUnicorn View Post
    Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it!

    I feel horrible! Everything else was spotless, and i forgot one freaking word.

    Has this happened to anyone else? I read that during the interview if you make it they might bring up grammar mistakes in you made on your application. ..
    If everything else in your SoP was fine, missing one word is not going to mean the end of the world. I can't speak for other interview panels but I only focus on grammar when things are very off. Missing one word is more of a simple mistake rather than you not knowing how to write in English.
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Thanks i know i shouldn't freak out, but still. ..omg
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

  4. #4

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Miami misspells stuff all the time. Look at his posts.
    ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃ Okinawa

  5. #5
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by itsabird View Post
    Miami misspells stuff all the time. Look at his posts.
    I know where you live.
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

  6. #6
    The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,749

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    I know where you live.
    I'm impressed and terrified at the same time.

    Kudos

  7. #7
    Constant Fu*kup sharpinthefang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kyushu
    Posts
    2,151

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Thank god no British panellists are on here then.
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

  8. #8
    Senior Member PuddingHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpinthefang View Post
    Thank god no British panellists are on here then.
    It's kind of reassuring to hear your consulate rep threaten someone.

  9. #9
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddingHead View Post
    It's kind of reassuring to hear your consulate rep threaten someone.
    /pitchfork
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Can't wait until the emails come out saying we made it to the next stage or not. ..i need to know!
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

  11. #11
    Senior Member PuddingHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    /pitchfork
    Excellent, excellent. I am now reassured that I will get an interview and it will go swimmingly.

    I feel like there should be a special headnod during interviews for those who've been threatened. +5 points to pitchforked girl.

  12. #12
    The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,749

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddingHead View Post
    +5 points to pitchforked girl.
    Should've applied in Miami then, I have a feeling the rep would wanna burn me at the stake.

  13. #13
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    Should've applied in Miami then, I have a feeling the rep would wanna burn me at the stake.
    I am always dissapointed that very few Miami applicants are ITILers. There always seem to be a few here and there. It becomes a game for me trying to guess who is who during interview times. When I eventually figure it out though, it makes it all worth it.

    For example, now I know Pudding is female, so that eliminates 1/2 of the people she could be. When people say stuff like "I like 3 hours away from Miami" there are only a handful of schools that fit that profile, so on and so forth. I got this all figured out people ;p
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

  14. #14
    The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,749

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    I got this all figured out people ;p
    I'd be easy to figure out. The only guy from Puerto Rico.

  15. #15
    Senior Member hiddenlee22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tokushima
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Living in New Jersey, I'm jealous of those who will be graced with MC's presence during interviews in Florida. Almost makes we wish I applied to that consulate.

  16. #16
    Senior Member PuddingHead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    489

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    I am always dissapointed that very few Miami applicants are ITILers. There always seem to be a few here and there. It becomes a game for me trying to guess who is who during interview times. When I eventually figure it out though, it makes it all worth it.

    For example, now I know Pudding is female, so that eliminates 1/2 of the people she could be. When people say stuff like "I like 3 hours away from Miami" there are only a handful of schools that fit that profile, so on and so forth. I got this all figured out people ;p
    It's a shame there are so few, considering you're the most active rep on ITIL. The fact that you're so involved gives me unjustified pride at applying through Miami.

    I'm actually playing the same game with you. I have little reason to think so, but I'm fairly certain I met you in November. It would be great if I was right, but I won't figure that out until interviews (if you're even one of the three interviewers).

    Who will discover the other's identity first? Only time will tell!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    I'd be easy to figure out. The only guy from Puerto Rico.
    You can't be the only one, right? ...Right?

  17. #17
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    I'd be easy to figure out. The only guy from Puerto Rico.

    I actually feel bad for applicants from P.R since there is no Consulate there, and for some reason Japan has decided that the Consulate in New York is in charge of P.R. in terms of jurisdiction. So strange to me.
    There are usually a couple people from P.R. every year though. Im amazed they even find out about it because its not like we can hold info sessions there.
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

  18. #18
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenlee22 View Post
    Living in New Jersey, I'm jealous of those who will be graced with MC's presence during interviews in Florida. Almost makes we wish I applied to that consulate.
    Don't feel too bad. Your NY coordinator, Noriko is ab absolute sweetheart. You are going to love her! (Hopefully she is on your panel).
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

  19. #19
    The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,749

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddingHead View Post
    You can't be the only one, right? ...Right?
    Pretty sure I am.

    The only other Puerto Rican (online) to have ever shown interest in JET was a high school girl in 2009.

    Her post led me to ITIL and it's the reason I consider Word the face of this website.

    (He was the one who answered her thread)

    I'm sure there's probably others, but it's extremely unusual. We don't have any universities with Japanese (except for one small class) and there's an extreme lack of J culture here.

    It's what leads a lot of people to get the wrong idea of Japan, as most only know what they've seen in sources like anime and movies.

    I was pretty surprised to hear we even had a small matsuri festival.



    Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    So strange to me.
    It's probably because we aren't a State.
    Last edited by Zolrak 22; January 10th, 2015 at 05:19.

  20. #20
    Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    510

    Default Re: Forgot the word "and" in my SOP, just now realizing it. ..

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddingHead View Post
    It's a shame there are so few, considering you're the most active rep on ITIL. The fact that you're so involved gives me unjustified pride at applying through Miami.

    I'm actually playing the same game with you. I have little reason to think so, but I'm fairly certain I met you in November. It would be great if I was right, but I won't figure that out until interviews (if you're even one of the three interviewers).

    Who will discover the other's identity first? Only time will tell!



    You can't be the only one, right? ...Right?
    Well, you definitely met me since I am the only coordinator in Florida, ha!

    We only have one interview panel in Miami. My boss, another woman who has been helping us with interviews for many years, and me. So yup, you will be seeing me again.
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •