Thread: Early Placement- Criminal History Background Check

Default Early Placement- Criminal History Background Check

I sent in my application paperwork for an FBI criminal history background check, confirmed that they received my application through the usps on October 23rd but have yet to get anything back. Is there a way to check on the status of it or am I stuck crossing my fingers and hoping I get it before my interview?

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Default Re: Early Placement- Criminal History Background Check

Quote Originally Posted by Difficultwork View Post
    I sent in my application paperwork for an FBI criminal history background check, confirmed that they received my application through the usps on October 23rd but have yet to get anything back. Is there a way to check on the status of it or am I stuck crossing my fingers and hoping I get it before my interview?
    The fbi have a back log, and things are taking 1-2 months longer than usual to get the background check.

If you do not have your background check before january 31st, then you wont qualify for early departure. You will just be moved to the regular departure group, if you are selected.

There are very few early departure spots nationwide. Most people who apply for it go with regular depature anyway.

I believe you can call the fbi to check on the status of your background check, but in the end it means little because unless you have it by the 31st, it doesnt matter
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

Thank you for the reply! It eases my nerves a little knowing that I can switch to regular departure if the background check doesn't make it in time.

For whatever reason i thought I would be disqualified from the whole process if things didn't work out.

If the FBI is back logged, then can anyone leave for early departure? I ask this because the application stated that background checks had to be newer than October 2014 to begin with.
    la...la

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    I remember you all like you were my children. ebochan was from the golden age of ITIL - before the dark times.

Quote Originally Posted by ebochan View Post
    If the FBI is back logged, then can anyone leave for early departure? I ask this because the application stated that background checks had to be newer than October 2014 to begin with.
    There are people who have received their background checks already. It just depends on when they actually submitted it, and if theur finger prints came through clearly or not.
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

Yeah. The delay is bothersome, but keep your chin up. It wont knock you down at all if it doesnt show up in time for the interview, but you will just be more prepared to accept your position for normal departure! Like MC said, no worries on it. Cant trust dat gubment too much now.

All Early Departure candidates should expect that they will be leaving at the regular time. Last year there we sent roughly 40 ED JETs out of ~1000 from the US, so the odds are extremely low.

Ok, so here is another question: if an applicant hasn't applied for a background check yet, should they bother getting one now since there is a slight delay or should they just wait to see if they are shortlisted?
    la...la

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    I remember you all like you were my children. ebochan was from the golden age of ITIL - before the dark times.

Quote Originally Posted by ebochan View Post
    Ok, so here is another question: if an applicant hasn't applied for a background check yet, should they bother getting one now since there is a slight delay or should they just wait to see if they are shortlisted?
    It costs money to get an FBI background check. I would wait until you are shortlisted/put on the alternate list to get one.