Thread: UK Jet late confirmation of interview

Default UK Jet late confirmation of interview

Hello. I attampted to email the UK JET desk 4 days ago confirming my interview for this Monday at 3pm. However due to problems with my gmail account the email did not send until 10pm last night, a friday.

Will I be able to telephone over the Embassy at the weekend? I know its closed, sorry Im worrying.

Will I still be able to attend my interview? Will them recieving the email on Monday morning be ok?

Default Re: UK Jet late confirmation of interview

Quote Originally Posted by callum1992 View Post
    Hello. I attampted to email the UK JET desk 4 days ago confirming my interview for this Monday at 3pm. However due to problems with my gmail account the email did not send until 10pm last night, a friday.

Will I be able to telephone over the Embassy at the weekend? I know its closed, sorry Im worrying.

Will I still be able to attend my interview? Will them recieving the email on Monday morning be ok?
    Was your email just a confirmation, or was it a required "send this or no interview"? If it was the latter, you may be out of luck. They have a lot of people to interview, and if they didn't get a response, they may have moved someone else to the slot.

Even if the embassy is shut, I would imagine you can leave a message on their voicemail, and/or call them first thing Monday morning. How far do you have to travel to get there? I.e., are you potentially wasting an entire day if the interview has been cancelled, or can you get there pretty quickly.
    ...because Japan.

The email was just a confirmation, and said to contact them if I wasn't planning to attend. I believed I sent a confirmation email 4 days again, the email is even in my sent folder! I only realised there was a problem when then sent me an email on Thursday.

Im only an hour away from the Embassy, so travel isn't a problem

I sent them one last night but it shouldn't be a problem. I mean my interview is on the 26th, but they know that you may get your letter late and so they probably expect delayed responses.

Quote Originally Posted by callum1992 View Post
    The email was just a confirmation, and said to contact them if I wasn't planning to attend.
    Sounds like you're in the clear, then, but a phonecall Monday morning probably wouldn't hurt.
    ...because Japan.

The letter does specifically say to email to let them know that you will be attending. Failure to email them and let them know will result in your removal from the application process (according to the letter..).

I know,.I just hope me emailing them last night and leaving a voicemail will be ok
    God Im so worried

I'm sure it's fine, dude. I imagine they check their emails as one of the first things they do in the morning.

callum, did everything work out ok in the end?
    Need a website hosted? ITIL runs on webhosting provided by BigWetFish. They're really great - check them out at bigwetfish.com. Sign up using the link and you'll also be helping ITIL with commission!

Yeah it did!!!, got my confirmation yesterday at 10, and had my interview!
    Thanks for the help guys!