Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanting Advice: Considering Cancelling Interview

Default Re: Wanting Advice: Considering Cancelling Interview

He's the ITIL Suicide Siren. His sweet words of misery have drawn many a new ALT to the front of the Keihin Tohoku.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by SFC View Post
    God this mothy bloke is depressing.
    Only if you can't hear the truth without feeling depressed. Perhaps your parents and teachers shouldn't have lied to you so much so that you'd be better prepared for mildly unpleasant facts.

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Only if you can't hear the truth without feeling depressed. Perhaps your parents and teachers shouldn't have lied to you so much so that you'd be better prepared for mildly unpleasant facts.
    I'm pretty sure someone who just interviewed and came on here to talk about it is a young human being looking for some words of encouragement and reassurance, not the message that they are likely doomed and not well-rounded. That's rude.
    車庫 B1F

Quote Originally Posted by BifCarbet View Post
    I'm pretty sure someone who just interviewed and came on here to talk about it is a young human being looking for some words of encouragement and reassurance, not the message that they are likely doomed and not well-rounded. That's rude.
    To reassure and encourage when it's not called for merely encourages people to persist in their current erroneous path as well as devalue my true words of encouragement.
    Last edited by mothy; February 5th, 2015 at 13:00.

I sometimes stand outside of Starbucks and shout, "Way to go, champ!" to the people that turn in applications.

They don't react well.
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

U da real mvp.

?

I was the first poster who told him that it probably wouldn't matter too much, as did others. The second post was just trying to remind people that there are a lot of famous Japanese people in various fields they might know without realising it, and advising them that if they didn't know anyone even after considering that, they might come across as someone who is not well rounded. It wasn't addressed solely at the OP.

As to wanting to be encouraged, it depends on the person.

Yes.
    車庫 B1F

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    I sometimes stand outside of Starbucks and shout, "Way to go, champ!" to the people that turn in applications.

They don't react well.
    Totally the same thing.
    車庫 B1F

Totally the same thing.
    Equally effective.

U da real mvp.

Equally effective.
    Except that in this case the person came to a forum where people were talking about the process, presumably (and obviously I could be wrong) in hopes of reassurance or hope.
    車庫 B1F

Except that in this case the person came to a forum where people were talking about the process, presumably (and obviously I could be wrong) in hopes of reassurance or hope.
    -or they actually want to discuss and diagnose what happened and the mistakes they might have made, since learning from mistakes is the only way to avoid repetition.

U da real mvp.

-or they actually want to discuss and diagnose what happened and the mistakes they might have made, since learning from mistakes is the only way to avoid repetition.
    Yeah, totally. I was just addressing the remark about shouting at people outside of Starbucks.
    車庫 B1F

Telling people what they want to hear is equally condescending.

U da real mvp.

That can be said, sure. I don't remember stroking egos or anything on here. I did try to be positive and encourage optimism. I was more focused on the results of the interview than personal growth for the future. Not saying that that's not important. It's just not what I understood the purpose of this forum to be. I'll hold of on the encouragement a little bit.
    車庫 B1F

If you want to encourage, encourage. We don't have a hivemind here.