Thread: Activities for conditionals?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Activities for conditionals?

What kind of activities do you do to teach conditionals, especially second and third? The class I need the plan for is very small (5 kids) and low level. They've been taught the grammar before, but they've only done it as fill in the blank exercises and haven't actually used it before. I've never taught this kind of stuff to lower level kids, so I'm not sure what kind of activity would be appropriate.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Default Re: Activities for conditionals?

You mean simple " IF X THEN Y "? which sets of conditionals are they using? Are these the limited logical set, or can subjunctive be used?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Subjunctive, I guess. The kind with "If I had money, I would buy a pony" and "If I hadn't stayed in and watched Netflix, I might have gotten laid."

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

That's how you do it. If I were rich..." work sheets, then a series of results where they make up the conditionals.

You can even do call and answer... where one student says a condition, the other student generates a response

a) If I were stupid....
    b) you would be in JHS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Desert island is a favorite. "If I was on a desert island, then I would take X."

Quote Originally Posted by webstaa View Post
    Desert island is a favorite. "If I was on a desert island, then I would take X."
    I would take phone.
    I would take comics.
    I would take books.

CTRL+C CTRL+V

I give them a second pool of verbs to pull from for the second half. Take, want, need, eat, f*ck... only get one use for each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Like the kiss marry kill game. Pool of ideas taken from the class first, then they can only choose one of each to do.
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...