Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expungement?

Default Re: Expungement?

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    Nah-- all it takes is a whistleblower with a chip on their shoulder that "hey, maybe you should look a little closer at ___'s history." My father-in-law once hired a senior executive who fabricated his entire educational history. Nobody questioned it for years until someone (probably a jealous lesser manager) prompted them to.

Extortion was just one example; JETs have no money so focusing on that is missing the greater point-- employees with undisclosed criminal histories are a liability.
    Who'd dime him out? A friend? Family member? Ini? These people either have no motivation to screw buddy, or they don't care. What's more, if Nami gets hired, his CO could investigate all they like, but they will not find anything if the background check comes up clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

This thread has gotten weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Its because everyone is high
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

That is amazing.
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Cases that are sealed will appear on the FBI background check. I don't know about cases that are expunged, but I'd imagine that they do. Since you are being hired by a Japanese organization, we are not liable to follow American hiring practices. This means that if we wanted to we could do things like ask for a candidate's picture on their application - a standard practice in Asian countries - but thankfully we don't. It does mean, though, that if your case appears on your FBI background check, having it expunged, sealed, or anything else done to it, won't matter to Tokyo. Those are things that US-based companies and organizations have to take into consideration, but not a foreign organization.

I agree with other people here; get the FBI background check done and have it sent to yourself. If it appears on there, your chances of getting in are very slim - as Miami PC pointed out, drug offenses are taken very seriously in Japan, even for marijuana. Since we use that FBI background check as verification of your criminal record, if it doesn't appear there...

^ UK ask for a recent passport photo when you go to the interview. Backwards.