Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How bad is the flight, and cost for tickets for accompanying family?

Default Re: How bad is the flight, and cost for tickets for accompanying family?

Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    Free alcohol on a 10+ hour flight?

Who's the genius that came up with the idea?

Canadians.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Default Re: How bad is the flight, and cost for tickets for accompanying family?

Hey, thank fuck for free booze on a long flight.

that being said, I would have MUCH preferred not to go over with the rest of the JETs to be honest. They spent hours talking about the most mundane shit, 3 that were sitting together were fucking loud the entire time, as soon as one group finally shut up the other group started, and my neighbour wanted to talk to me about japan the entire fucking flight to which I had no interest in doing (I hate planes).

Thank fuck you get in, land, go to the airport and have nothing to do after, cuz that 2 hour cat nap afterwards was fucking bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

I was able to get my wife on the same flight as me, but not sat next to me. The JET next to me wouldn't trade seats with her because he wanted to talk to the other JETs. But really I was the only one who he was close enough to have much of a conversation with. His attempts to strike up a conversation did not go well.

I can deal with parties all the flight. It was only 2 years ago I had a party on a coach all the way to Berlin. If I really want to sleep then I just order more alcohol.

I sat quietly watching my movies in a nice aisle seat at the bulkhead behind first class, while rest of the poor fools sat in the cheap, easily-booked seats in the tail section.

In all likelihood you will never see the people from your consulate again, anyway. Your real friends are made in your prefecture or at TO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    I was able to get my wife on the same flight as me, but not sat next to me. The JET next to me wouldn't trade seats with her because he wanted to talk to the other JETs. But really I was the only one who he was close enough to have much of a conversation with. His attempts to strike up a conversation did not go well.
    What a dick.

(Him, that is)

Quote Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
    I can deal with parties all the flight. It was only 2 years ago I had a party on a coach all the way to Berlin. If I really want to sleep then I just order more alcohol.
    Sounds like a JET already.

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Wow. You're a better man than I, because I would not have reacted well. I probably would have made it a point to get vomit-blasting drunk and make his flight the worst he had or would ever experience. Or something worse. I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

I bet I would end up being nervous some of the flight as to what I had just done, what is this new life going to be like and should I have stayed at home?

I bet I would end up being nervous some of the flight as to what I had just done, what is this new life going to be like and should I have stayed at home?
    LOL Really? There were a couple of people who apparently felt this way, but I found it totally confusing. I was pretty much just excited 100% of the way there.
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    LOL Really? There were a couple of people who apparently felt this way, but I found it totally confusing. I was pretty much just excited 100% of the way there.
    I would be excited as well but with it being so far from home if something goes wrong you are on your own.
    Last edited by haitch40; January 28th, 2015 at 13:43.

I was pretty scared of Japanese people when I got here.
    They were likely quite scared of you as well.

They were likely quite scared of you as well.
    Only because his pants were around his ankles.
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Huh, weird. Maybe it was just my complete naiveté or something, but I was never worried in the slightest.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Nah, I get where he's coming from. I wasn't exactly excited about the trip to Japan, there were a lot of last second regrets just as I was getting settled in. By the time I got to Japan most of that had disappeared but in those final moment before take off from Toronto it really hit me that this was it, and I've just left behind pretty much everything.

It's a pretty powerful feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

I don't know if I was excited, but it was definitely not until I reached Saitama that I began questioning my life choices. The plane ride I had nothing but happy thoughts, other than wanting to murder the guy next to me.

Huh, weird. Maybe it was just my complete naiveté or something, but I was never worried in the slightest.
    Not like really scared, but I wanted to make a good impression. People kept saying "people won't care if you mess up because you're a gaijin" but I didn't really want people to think I'm a bumbling foreign idiot. I'm still a bit like that, tbh.

Not like really scared, but I wanted to make a good impression. People kept saying "people won't care if you mess up because you're a gaijin" but I didn't really want people to think I'm a bumbling foreign idiot. I'm still a bit like that, tbh.
    We know you are still a bumbling foreign idiot.

I would be excited as well but with it being so far from home if something goes wrong you are on your own.
    time to cut the apron strings, junior. Man up
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.