Thread: Canadian Interviews - Any JETs know the time slots?

Default Canadian Interviews - Any JETs know the time slots?

Hey guys,

My interview placement is for 4:15 PM on the last scheduled day of interviews. I can't help but feel that I'm actually the very last person they're going to see.
    I've read and seen in various places that this is quite an unflattering position to be in and I'm not sure what to do in order to mitigate any disadvantages. Does
    anyone on here remember the times for previous years? Or maybe the length of each interview? I'm just trying to figure out whether I'm dead last or if there are a few
    people after me. Thanks in advance. Sorry mods if this is a pointless post in the wrong section.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Default Re: Canadian Interviews - Any JETs know the time slots?

You are probably the second to last or something along those lines.

Either way, it's best not to think about it. After all, you can't really do much beyond keeping a good attitude and hoping to make the best out of a bad situation.

Ps: for future reference, this kind of post is probably best suited for the Aspiring Canadian thread .
    Last edited by Zolrak 22; January 24th, 2015 at 12:09.

I'm not sure the last place is so terrible. The interviewers are probably happy they're nearly done for the day and are probably in a good frame of mind because of it. Just be positive and upbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    I'm not sure the last place is so terrible.
    Who knows, chances are they'll just ace you in order to go as fast as possible.
    Last edited by Zolrak 22; January 24th, 2015 at 15:37.

I'm in first day at 130pm, so pretty close if not the first person after lunch. I'm really hoping this works in my favor!

As for being last on the last day, my best advice is to be as upbeat and friendly as possible. Genki-ness is contagious. Besides, sure its a long day for the interviewers, but they know what they were getting themselves into, and I'm sure it won't impact you drastically.

Last year I was in the last time slot on the last day. It was like 3:15pm though, so seems a bit later this year! The told me 20 minutes, but it took 30.
    Anyway, turned out alright for me.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

I was 2:45 on a friday, and I'm pretty sure I was the last one through that day to be honest. There were three days of interviews that year. I wouldn't worry about it to much, first or last doesn't make that much of a difference when there are a bunch of check boxes you're hitting, not just "are they more or less awesome than the person before".
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.