Thread: Interac as a backup to JET

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Interac as a backup to JET

Howdy all,

I was thinking about applying to Interac since I'm losing faith that JET will offer me an interview (JET UK have a staggered system of releasing interviews). If I apply to Interac and by some divine intervention JET offer me an interview, could I cancel my Interac application and reapply in the future if I'm not shortlisted for JET, or would I be blacklisted or something by Interac?

I appreciate any advice!

Default Re: Interac as a backup to JET

Quote Originally Posted by kmep0 View Post
    If I apply to Interac and by some divine intervention JET offer me an interview, could I cancel my Interac application and reapply in the future if I'm not shortlisted for JET, or would I be blacklisted or something by Interac?
    Our resident interactians could elaborate, but Interac and JET are completely separate. A lot of Interac ALTs applied for JET too. Some took the Interac as a backup, some as a faster track (not waiting 9 months to start the job) etc. You can always turn down a position with Interac if you're offered a JET position and vice versa.

Thanks for the reply Web. On the application form it asks if you've been interviewed before with Interac, so I'm going to assume they don't blacklist people for refusing previous job offers by them.

Its a pretty common ALT joke that Interaccers are those who didn't have the best of days in their Jet interview.
    I'm not familiar with Interac blacklisting people for turning down interviews or anything like that. They're a regularish company. Not the strange government programme of Jet. As long as you turn down the interview/the job/whatever in a polite and professional way they won't hold a grudge.

I know a guy who applied for Interac and Jet, got into Jet, and then 3 years later fancied a change of scenery so switched to Interac. No blacklisting at work.
    Last edited by Tyr; January 29th, 2015 at 03:29.

Thanks Tyr, that's good to know. I've sent off my Interac application, as the chances of JET giving me an interview are dwindling. I don't think my fragile ego could take a rejection by Interac.

Quote Originally Posted by kmep0 View Post
    Howdy all,

I was thinking about applying to Interac since I'm losing faith that JET will offer me an interview (JET UK have a staggered system of releasing interviews). If I apply to Interac and by some divine intervention JET offer me an interview, could I cancel my Interac application and reapply in the future if I'm not shortlisted for JET, or would I be blacklisted or something by Interac?

I appreciate any advice!
    don't sweat it, sometimes JET interviews are just a crapshoot. as others said, you won't get blacklisted as they are completely separate organizations.

i know a bunch of people in interac and i've heard mixed reviews, but, to be fair, it's the with jet. i think the type of person you are is more important than the job itself, really. once you're in japan it's a lot easy to move around with jobs so i'd say get here any way you can and see your options once you land.
    www.thejetcoaster.com
    5th year | 2010 Toronto JET | Kagawa-ken
    thejetcoaster.com | youtube | instagram

Thomas Simmons doesn't sleep. He waits.