Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change in medical history after interview

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Default Re: Change in medical history after interview

Quote Originally Posted by SailorZorro View Post
    So, according to those guidelines: get a cold during this time of the year and no medication needed, no need to report anything. But get a sinus infection,very similar sickness level but medication needed since its an infection and you have to report it. Even if your doctor just calls the rx in?
    I'm asking because I almost never get colds, but a sinus infection is common as I reported on my medical forms. I want to know if I might need to report anything.
    The way the guidelines lay it out, any prescription medicine that you need to take should be reported.

The main issue is that there are many medications in the u.s. that are common, but are illegal in japan. What may seem like a common medicine here may be impossible to get in japan, like sudafed for example.
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miamicoordinator View Post
    medical things are always a cause of much confusion every year because there are so many things that could go wrong, and of course there huge difference between medical privacy in the U.S. compared to Japan. Unfortunately even specific guidelines from tokyo can be Too vague for comfort.
    Japanese + vague = match made in "heaven". Especially bureaucracy.

Right?

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zolrak 22 View Post
    Japanese + vague = match made in "heaven". Especially bureaucracy.

Right?
    Ay zolcito, you have no idea! Especially in the government. Drives me nuts sometimes.
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.