Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Filing Canadian Taxes, NOT on JET

  1. #1

    Default Filing Canadian Taxes, NOT on JET

    I know for Canadians on JET, you can quote Article 18 of the Canada/Japan tax treaty when you file your taxes and avoid double-taxation. And in a lot of cases, Japanese taxes are deducted by the BoE automatically and appear on your Statement of Earnings, making it easy to file.

    But for Canadians working for eikaiwa or ALT dispatch companies, how should they file their taxes? Does the same tax treaty apply? If the Japanese taxes are not automatically deducted, what happens?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Filing Canadian Taxes, NOT on JET

    Depends who writes your paycheck - if its Interac, Aeon etc, then probably no - they aren't a State organization. If its a BoE or school, then probably yes - they're a public institution.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Filing Canadian Taxes, NOT on JET

    The Japanese income taxes are deducted automatically, but it's an ALT dispatch company like Interac/Borderlink/etc. -- so, does that mean income taxes will have to be paid to Canada too?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts