Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aspiring Singaporean JETs 2015

Default Re: Aspiring Singaporean JETs 2015

Yup just be polite and reply to thank her for the email, then wait for the hard copy to come in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Hi all! I just got the snail mail from the embassy.

Anyone knows if the mail is supposed to include the reply form? Or if we're supposed to print out the form from the email and mail it back? All I got in the mail was the original letter stating I'm alternate :/

exactly! i was like waiting n waiting for all the hard copy forms etc. before i saw that it was just a small envelope O.o I thought what I understood was that there would really be a physical reply form. oh wells.

just got it today too, btw... snail mail indeed, delivered a week after we got our notices via email : P

Hi fellow Sgeans! Super kaypoh dai-senpai here who enjoys getting to know newbies ^^
    If you have any questions about the post-acceptance process/packing/what you will miss most from home, feel free to ask!
    Last edited by rinforest; April 12th, 2015 at 09:42.

I just got the upgrade call from Tina this morning! I'm nearly in tears!!

Congratulations, enelwai!

Hi enelwai! congrats! i was an alternate too and subsequently got upgraded ))
    hope we can get gd postings

Congrats to you too halvebaked! Now to put a face to everyone here hahaha

Hi all, @shue, @halvebaked and I are already on watsapp, texting each other silly concerns and messages. I know @halvebaked has contacted @enelwai as of now, if there are any others lurking around, please pm any of us, can add you to the group : D

And @rinforest, wanna join us?

Quote Originally Posted by aimlesscomet View Post
    Hi all, @shue, @halvebaked and I are already on watsapp, texting each other silly concerns and messages. I know @halvebaked has contacted @enelwai as of now, if there are any others lurking around, please pm any of us, can add you to the group : D

And @rinforest, wanna join us?

Whatsapp? Lol so 懐かしい! In Japan we're pretty much all using Line, so I highly recommend everyone getting Line too. If you guys start a Line group add me. I'll pm you my Line ID aimlesscomet

hello senpais...
    is anyone still around in this thread? anyone willing to read my SOP please? I've had a couple of friends read it already but if anyone wants to nit-pick on my grammar, help please~

thank you!!!

Hi, any aspiring 2016/2017 Singaporean JETs here?

@Seniors from Singapore: Would you know if any foreign graduates / those who did the Poly route before being chosen for the programme? I understand our country consider grades and university (preferably the 3 local uni) at face level
    Last edited by Lost Bunny; September 29th, 2015 at 16:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Bunny View Post
    Hi, any aspiring 2016/2017 Singaporean JETs here?

@Seniors from Singapore: Would you know if any foreign graduates / those who did the Poly route before being chosen for the programme? I understand our country consider grades and university (preferably the 3 local uni) at face level

me! I'm applying this year! Hello there!

Hello, 2015 JET here. Am revisiting the forums coz one of you found me on Facebook. I'm not the most experienced person around but feel free to ask me questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Hi, sorry for if this is a noob question. I have always been reading the Jet info from Singapore's Jap embassy, and that the two copies for everything that's needed, it's photocopies right? For example, the letters of references. For other countries I read that the letters have to be signed and sealed in an envelope so I suppose they needed three 'original' letters from one reference. For Singapore there's no need for that right? Same goes for transcripts and documents for graduation... Do we need to apply for 3 transcripts or just one then photocopy?

Sorry again :P

Hey Amyy, yes everything in the other 2 sets should be photocopies. My professors gave me the letters in sealed envelopes and I had to open them up and photocopy. For transcripts, just order one and photocopy 3, go to the school and certify them as true copies -- so you'll end up with 1 original, 2 certified copies for JET, and 1 certified copy for yourself. It's always a good idea to keep one copy of the application for yourself haha. If you did any study abroad and student exchanges, be sure to include those transcripts too!

p/s i think a lot of us moved away from ITIL to facebook and other platforms haha, so you might not get answered here too frequently... All the best though!

Thank you so much enelwai!!! It was a very detailed and helpful answer because I wanted to ask if our reference letter had to be sealed too (in some countries the reference have to give 3 sealed envelopes).

I am following the Facebook page as well as the wordpress, but didn't know where it'll be appropriate to post my queries. I thought it would be weird and intrusive to just suddenly post the question on Facebook. So am really thankful for your reply!!! Thank you (:

Hello!! Am I too late to join this thread......? Aspiring 2016 here!