Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Japan? How did/will you answer?

Default Why Japan? How did/will you answer?

I've been asked this a lot since my arrival. I find it a rather difficult question to answer, as I don't really have a good answer. I just wanted to travel and Japan was a somewhat arbitrary decision. I've been influenced by Japanese media like video games throughout my life, but that's not a good reason to live in a country, and it's definitely not my reason.

So how did/will you answer this question?

Default Re: Why Japan? How did/will you answer?

"Why not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Whatever you decide on, emphasise your desire to learn new things and discover stuff. If you want to talk about specific interests, talk about them as things that piqued your interest in the country as a whole.

You really want to avoid giving the impression that you want to come to Japan for a very specific thing that you've built up to be more than it is.

"I want to become a ninja."

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

/thread

A promise I should have broken.

The Sun's Bird God..what? Zolrak 22's Avatar

Man, I'm not afraid to admit it.

If ninjas were like in the movies, I wouldn't hesitate to become one.

Even if I end up dying at the hands of a lone warrior out for revenge.
    Last edited by Zolrak 22; February 17th, 2015 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Bear00 View Post
    When I read your post I suddenly feel like I am so far away from being crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ananasboat View Post
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

Why did you come to Japan:

Well, once a long time I had a rambunctious night alone with a slantyeyed gal. I didn't know where she came from, but when I threw the dart at the Asian map, it landed on Japan so here i am!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotech View Post
    Why did you come to Japan:

Well, once a long time I had a rambunctious night alone with a slantyeyed gal. I didn't know where she came from, but when I threw the dart at the Asian map, it landed on Japan so here i am!
    word; once you get a taste of that sideways va-j-j, you'll nevar settle for less.
    It's festivals days like these on which I really try really hard to make up for not partying in college.
    yeah, because who needs free flowing drugs and alcohol fueling adventorous sex with taut, lithe young bodies when you could wander around a dying town in the freezing cold with a can of asahi super dry in your hand while some toothless old farmer shouts at you.

Since we're on the subject, one of my former students in the US told me before I left "Mr *****, are you going to get you some of that sideways PU&*@"

He is 12 years old...

I assume you responded with a hearty, "F*ck yeah I am."

I just smacked him upside the head. His comments usually deserve that.

I described it in this way when I was asked during my trips and study abroad. I was a military brat with a family that was stationed in Japan for 9 years. But I was stuck on a military base, kind of got to see Japan through closed gates since my parents were often busy and I was too young to venture off on my own. My last 3 years in Japan(stationed in Sasebo) I was old enough to be allowed to leave the bases and even though the people are... interesting, I enjoyed my time. I only got to learn Japanese on a very basic level despite liking language, etc. So it was really just to experience Japan again, more culture and finish learning the language.
    Besides, mother's side is from Singapore and I often spent my time in east Asia even after finally moving to the U.S. I'd just rather Japan than Singapore. Singapore is just.. a crowded mess now.

Quote Originally Posted by JestersJ View Post
    I described it in this way when I was asked during my trips and study abroad. I was a military brat with a family that was stationed in Japan for 9 years. But I was stuck on a military base, kind of got to see Japan through closed gates since my parents were often busy and I was too young to venture off on my own. My last 3 years in Japan(stationed in Sasebo) I was old enough to be allowed to leave the bases and even though the people are... interesting, I enjoyed my time. I only got to learn Japanese on a very basic level despite liking language, etc. So it was really just to experience Japan again, more culture and finish learning the language.
    Besides, mother's side is from Singapore and I often spent my time in east Asia even after finally moving to the U.S. I'd just rather Japan than Singapore. Singapore is just.. a crowded mess now.
    Boss Word: Boss Ini! What is the meaning of this outburst? This is a time for celebration.

Boss Ini: And what exactly are we celebrating? The perversion of our illustrious council?

Boss Jiggit: Ini, have you gone mad? I will not tolerate this! You're disrespecting our sister! Apologize!

JestersJ: Ini-san, of what perversion do you speak?

Boss Ini: My father...along with yours...and along with yours, started this website. And while you laugh like stupid donkeys, they weep in the afterlife over the perversion committed today.

Boss Uthinkimlost: Outrageous! Ini, it is you who insults this council!

[Throws rag at him]
    Boss Uthinkimlost: Bastard!

Boss Ini: [Throws rag back] Fuck face!

JestersJ: Gentlemen! Ini obviously has something on his mind. By all means, allow him to express it.

Boss Ini: I speak of the perversion done to this website... which I love... more than my own children, by making a Singaporean Jap-American half-breed bitch its leader!
    [JestersJ runs across the table and cuts off his head]
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

I'm not sure what I missed but it sounds awesome.

Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Bravo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shincantsen View Post
    Frigga please.
    RIP Virgil of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Gross. I hate people and their sexy times.

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    I'm not sure what I missed but it sounds awesome.
    I was about to say the same thing.