Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kiwi 2015 applicants?

Default Re: Kiwi 2015 applicants?

Monday March 30th by email

I got shortlisted! Well done killxtone and any other Kiwi shortlisters lurking around :-)

Nice! I hear Wellington is one of the last consulates to notify their candidates

Quote Originally Posted by prasada View Post
    I got shortlisted! Well done killxtone and any other Kiwi shortlisters lurking around :-)
    Did you get your letter? I'm in Dunedin so won't get mine until tomorrow (hopefully) but we are getting emails tomorrow too apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxLC View Post
    Did you get your letter? I'm in Dunedin so won't get mine until tomorrow (hopefully) but we are getting emails tomorrow too apparently.
    I emailed the consulate yesterday and asked if they could email my results earlier, and they did! I got too impatient! Good luck!

Any kiwi JET blogs floating around? So far ive only read memoirs of a gaijin and what sheep do.

I know some people that were ALTs in Sendai a few years ago. They blogged about it at allyourstarsareout.blogspot.com you'll have to go back a bit for the JET stuff, but it's quite good

Just got my email and I'm an Alternate

I heard someone in Auckland turned down their Shortlist as they got offered a Full time position somewhere. Maybe an Alternate from NZ might get upgraded. never know, dont give up bro

Quote Originally Posted by KILLxTONE View Post
    I heard someone in Auckland turned down their Shortlist as they got offered a Full time position somewhere. Maybe an Alternate from NZ might get upgraded. never know, dont give up bro
    Cheers man! Unfortunately, I'll only get upgraded when people in Wellington deny their position. I haven't lost hope tho!

Shortlisted, did my interview in Auckland. I have already sent away my reply form, now the big wait for the placement details.
    My choices were Kumamoto City, Hyogo and Kyoto, I wanted to go somewhere in the south of Japan because I have already lived in the north. Really hoping for Kyushu though.

Good luck to other Kiwi JETs

A bunch of spots are opening around Fukuoka and Saga. Hopefully I see you around!

Quote Originally Posted by nihonandy View Post
    Shortlisted
    Congrats for being shortlisted! I just had my chest x-ray today (clear of TB, phew!), and tomorrow will hand in my reply forms after work :-)

My placement preferences were for Kyoto City (with full knowledge that I would pretty unlikely to get it), Fukuoka and Kobe. Good luck for your placement!

Nice, I did all my medical stuff last week and the consulate got my reply letter today!, now I just need to renew my passport.

Yeah same idea for me with Kyoto, I love the city but I don't think there is a chance to get it. Actually we have quite similar requests haha, Good luck!

I had my interview in Welly and got onto the shortlist! Placement choices were: Osaka (prolly not gonna get it though), Wakayama and Takamatsu. See you Welly JETs at the Q+A evening!