Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any early departure applicants out there?

Default Any early departure applicants out there?

Any early departure applicants out on this forum? When I went in for my interview they didn't seem like they had a lot of people that signed up for early departure and the interviewees that were in the room with me (about 8 people?) were all regular departure folk.

I have a friend who went over on JET in 2013 as early departure and she said she got her email of acceptance around March 5th and had a little over month to prepare for the April leave date. She is currently out in the inaka around Okayama, she loves it there but is trying to get down to Kobe/Osaka area with a transfer. She doubt's they'll grant her one but she's trying.

My city had a Japanese cultural event the other day, "Arizona Matsuri" and I got to meet some jet alumni who work for the LA consulate who seemed fairly confident in me. I'm not going to let that cloud my ego or cause false hope at all but it was nice to get some feedback.

If any of you previously were early departure, around what date did you receive your acceptance?

Official JET Staff miamicoordinator's Avatar

Default Re: Any early departure applicants out there?

We had tons of Early Departure applicants this year, but unfortunately many of them were not able to submit the required documents by the Early Departure due date. Literally everyone from my Consulate who originally applied for early departure had to pull out of consideration by the time interviews came along for one reason or another.

Early Departure people should be finding out if they got accepted around the same time as last year. Early March'ish.
    Anything I say here is my personal opinion. Always consult with your coordinator if you have any doubts, especially if you are applying from a country that is not the United States.

Thanks! I thought so!
    Yeah I hear a lot of people couldn't get their FBI check back in time this year. I've met a few applicants via another group that said they turned their FBI report in October and still haven't received the documents back. They're all regular departure folk, so they said they were just going to try again the moment they hear back if they were accepted in April.

I also have another question for MC if you see this;

If you are not selected for early departure but instead selected for regular departure, do you still find out in March? How does that work?

Wow, the FBI takes that long to do a CBC? The RCMP only took two weeks for me. That's a tough situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Wow, the FBI takes that long to do a CBC? The RCMP only took two weeks for me. That's a tough situation.
    Took me from mid October to about mid Jan :/

Wow, that sucks dude.
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Wow, the RCMP takes that long to do a CBC?

The SQ only took 15 minutes for me. That's a tough situation.

I applied for early departure, but I received my police report (local police, took about a month) the business day after the deadline, so I ended up changing my form before handing it in. You really hae to know that you want to apply in advance!

Banned

Hey MC, any idea on the typical range of requested early arrivals? I know of one person who left early, and am assuming they will be replaced in April. I'm wondering how many other vacancies might be up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunjumero View Post
    Wow, the RCMP takes that long to do a CBC?

The SQ only took 15 minutes for me. That's a tough situation.
    There are two types of checks they can do and I got both of them done. The cbc takes longer and that is what Jet wanted for my full application (I think anyway). I think they wanted that one because it has the option of the vulnerable sectors check.

There are two types of checks they can do and I got both of them done. The cbc takes longer and that is what Jet wanted for my full application (I think anyway). I think they wanted that one because it has the option of the vulnerable sectors check.
    I did not know that.

It does look less complete than yours.

From it : ''The results of this check do not constitute a criminal record verification certified by the RCMP'' and ''This information may not contain all convictions registered for criminal offences''

And yet it then says :
    The background check includes :

-Every conviction for a criminal or quasi-criminal offence committed in Canada

-Every court order in force in Canada

-Every pending charge ... in Canada.

Incomplete but complete ?

It might be enough, I'm sure they'll let me know if I ever need to take the same one you did.
    Last edited by Gunjumero; February 24th, 2015 at 09:54.

Gunjumero, when I requested mine, I got in contact with the embassy and they confirmed that they need the one for contact with the vulnerable sector, so you may have to get a new one :/ (based on the fact that we're both from Québec and that I had the option between two different forms too.)
    That being said, it's not really worth going through it until you actually get in, because it's long and expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by AyaReiko View Post
    Gunjumero, when I requested mine, I got in contact with the embassy and they confirmed that they need the one for contact with the vulnerable sector, so you may have to get a new one :/ (based on the fact that we're both from Québec and that I had the option between two different forms too.)
    That being said, it's not really worth going through it until you actually get in, because it's long and expensive!
    Thanks,
    How much was yours ? And how long did it take ?

According to RCMP's website, they say 25$ + whatever local fees they might add and 3 days if done electronically.

I went to the local police station in person (municipal police). It cost $68 and it took a month-ish (I went on Halloween and received it on November 24). All that info is on the police website, so I can only imagine it's the same if you're in Montreal.

No, I'm not in Montreal so no SPVM for me.

It's the SQ where I'm from. I looked at their website and they don't say while SPVM's has it right on their front page.

ESID already ? who knows.

At least it didn't take long, went in there, gave my ID, I was out in minutes and it was free. Worst case, it's useless and I made a trip for nothing.

Thanks for the info, crossing my fingers they'll just say '' Ah it's fine, now that we have it (it's uploaded and sent) it'll do ''

Yeah, I'm pretty sure JET will tell you if they need something else

Oh, and you can always ask Service Québec about the VAPV, if worse comes to worse!
    Faire vérifier ses antécédents criminels : Portail Québec

You'll get all the info you need when you find out whether you're shortlisted or an alternate. Don't sweat it. You'll have plenty of time to get it done.

Thanks,both of you.

Yeah I'm not worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JestersJ View Post
    I also have another question for MC if you see this;

If you are not selected for early departure but instead selected for regular departure, do you still find out in March? How does that work?
    I was wondering too if you don't get early departure are you still in the running for regular?
    Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleJustSaySnow View Post
    Don't biro a swastika on your forehead the morning of the interview.