Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aeon to JET?

Default Re: Aeon to JET?

My pay ranges from 2.8 to 3.2, depending on if I take on the extra weekend camps and the holiday variables. Are you sure you are not comparing a JET pre-tax and an Interac post-tax?
    Get her to double check her contract, there has got to be something wrong there....
    Accepted with Interac on 13th May 2014
    Upgraded with JET on 7th October 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Simmons View Post
    shit, i've realize that i picked the wrong time to reply directly the thread's original question...

Quote Originally Posted by sharpinthefang View Post
    My pay ranges from 2.8 to 3.2, depending on if I take on the extra weekend camps and the holiday variables. Are you sure you are not comparing a JET pre-tax and an Interac post-tax?
    Get her to double check her contract, there has got to be something wrong there....
    Teach English in Japan | Interac

"As a regular Interac ALT, you will most likely qualify for a gross salary of between 230,000 and 250,000 yen per calendar month. National income tax and employment insurance is automatically deducted each month; however, city tax and health insurance are not. National income tax is less than 10% of your monthly salary."

Actually says it on the website on how the advertise now :/
    And on her contract they only give you the 250,000 if you rent a car with them and they just 'take out 20,000' for your car payments

Don't mind sharp, she's a compulsive liar. (Who also doesn't understand what a yearly salary is...)
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Either way, the JET salary is quite a lot better and it's worth going for...IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    Teach them something new?? Are you mad? All you do in Japan is rehash the same stuff over and over for 15 years. Hello song, what do you like sports? and fruit basket. The holy trinity of English education.

Quote Originally Posted by JestersJ View Post
    Teach English in Japan | Interac

"As a regular Interac ALT, you will most likely qualify for a gross salary of between 230,000 and 250,000 yen per calendar month. National income tax and employment insurance is automatically deducted each month; however, city tax and health insurance are not. National income tax is less than 10% of your monthly salary."

Actually says it on the website on how the advertise now :/
    And on her contract they only give you the 250,000 if you rent a car with them and they just 'take out 20,000' for your car payments

When you were writing 2.3, I thought you meant 2.3 million for the year. 230,000 per month is almost 2.8 million. 2.8-3.0 million is definitely doable. I hope you don't think there are only 10 months in a year.
    Last edited by BifCarbet; February 25th, 2015 at 01:24.
    車庫 B1F

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    Either way, the JET salary is quite a lot better and it's worth going for...IMO.
    JETs get a lot of knock-on benefits that most/all Interac ALTs don't - subsidized/free rent, transportation subsidies, airfare etc. Not every JET gets free or super cheap rent, but how many Interac ALTs pay through the nose for their housing?

My ex-wife worked at Aeon and then got on JET. It's definitely doable if that's the course you want to take.

How much do interac alts get in August....
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

How much do interac alts get in August....
    It's pretty sweet, with a bit of fuck, and a little all in it.

In all serious, I have a friend I meet every year at prefectual speech contest and it's always the same story. Butt fuck broke in september because august didn't pay for crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyJones View Post
    2.3 is exceptionally low. Must be that position, especially since it is 29hours a week. No interac drone I know works that little.

either way, your friends.... is thinking JET is some holy grail which it isn't. Take a job to get into Japan, test the waters... realize it will probably suck after a year or two and be done with Japan. Or... take the job, fall in love with it, and eventually go direct hire... stay for 5 years and then realize it sucks. Or take the job, fall in love with someone, get married and stay here for life and become a bitter shell of a person who hops around between ALT/eikaiwa jobs for the rest of their life.
    Yep. These are about the only options she will have. I'm not being sarcastic either.

I managed to survive on 8 man a month when I was on exchange, had really cheap housing though (1.2 man a month) and was in Okinawa. Basically would go to frozen food supermarket when they had their once a month sale and stock up. Once I set up my budget I could go out pretty regularly too since that was cheap. Only thing that sucked was not having enough for a car, which would've been great.

because barely managing to survive is the way to live your life?

because barely managing to survive is the way to live your life?
    Well if it's managing to survive nights of drinking I would say yes.
    Last edited by mothy; February 26th, 2015 at 08:22.

Quote Originally Posted by mothy View Post
    Well if it's managing to survive nights of drinking I would say yes.
    Basically what I did, definitely need to take a liking to cheap hard liquor to survive on a budget.