Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving - Good radar detectors

Default Re: Driving - Good radar detectors

yeah, thats not going to work if you are going 140+

tilted license plates, covers that reflect the camera flash, smearing mud over your plates - all are technically against the law but it just depends on how blatant it is and how bored the police are. Its unlikely you'll find too many options along these lines in places like yellowhat or autobacs but some shady tuning shop should be able to sort you out with them or you can buy them online if you are feeling brave.
    Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job.

Gizmoduck - blatherskite Gizmotech's Avatar

All things considered that's not that unsafe. When it said no hands, I figured nothing touching the stick, but he's knee steering.

Sure in the event of an emergency he's fucked, but looking at that traffic he's probably fucked anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cytrix View Post
    Organising anything with ALTs is like herding cats on catnip

Quote Originally Posted by Antonath View Post
    We Jeeperneez are express all emotion through money. Wedding is happy money. Funeral is sad money. Izakaya is friendship money. Girl-bar is almost-sex money. But babby-borning is bery happy money, as no babby in Japan. All babby is special so we is givings much money as presento for babby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ini View Post
    If you notice a white crown, silver skyline or black g4 flying up behind you its worth slowing it down to under 120 just to be safe, as they go past check to see if its got 2 police men in it. if its a fat salary man then just speed back up. same goes for when you see one in the inside lane. just pull up along side it gently and check the driver before shooting past. If you are caught by a marked police car then you deserve it for not paying attention.
    These are the only trouble I've had. Thought all cop cars were marked and had their lights on (lol nope) and got pulled over by a silver skyline. Got away with a warning and I've been careful since then, slowing down when cars suspiciously pull out from the left lane when I drive past them, slowing down around white crowns/silver skylines (didn't know about the black G4s), but recently my friend got pulled over (by another silver skyline) driving my car, almost got her license pulled (had her clocked at 129) and got smacked with a 35,000 fine (which we grudgingly split between everyone in the car). If someone else is going to drive my car (for switching off during long drives) I'd rather have a radar detector than trust the other driver's judgment.

Here's a nice rundown of the different speed traps around Japan.
    AccessJ: Automated Speed Cameras in Japan
    Last edited by Robotics:Noto; March 11th, 2015 at 11:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotics:Noto View Post
    These are the only trouble I've had. Thought all cop cars were marked and had their lights on (lol nope) and got pulled over by a silver skyline. Got away with a warning and I've been careful since then, slowing down when cars suspiciously pull out from the left lane when I drive past them, slowing down around white crowns/silver skylines (didn't know about the black G4s), but recently my friend got pulled over (by another silver skyline) driving my car, almost got her license pulled (had her clocked at 129) and got smacked with a 35,000 fine (which we grudgingly split between everyone in the car). If someone else is going to drive my car (for switching off during long drives) I'd rather have a radar detector than trust the other driver's judgment.

Here's a nice rundown of the different speed traps around Japan.
    AccessJ: Automated Speed Cameras in Japan
    What was the posted limit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggit View Post
    But what if we reverse the polarity of the quantum string theory? According to uncertainty principle there are infinite worlds out there, so it stands to reason schrodinger's cat is alive in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo87;
    U da real mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by uthinkimlost? View Post
    What was the posted limit?
    80. On second thought maybe they had her clocked at 119.